Need a Hand From the Grogs

Started by bayonetbrant, March 26, 2012, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Hey y'all -

I'm looking for some help from those of you not in my immediate vicinity (which is, I think, everyone except B_C)

Starbucks as a collector's series of mugs in many of the stores right now.  Some are themed to cities (Detroit, Washington DC) and others to states (North Carolina, Hawaii).  We've got the 4 I just mentioned, but I'd love to help her fill out the collection.

If y'all don't mind checking your local McCoffeebucks for these mugs, and shoot me a note.  I'm happy to cover the costs of the mugs/shipping for the ones we can track down.

I've also got some work colleagues tracking down mugs from Toronto and San Diego (where we've got folks headed over the next 2 weeks or so).

Sample image of the mugs I'm looking for:

Just shoot me a note if you can help out.  Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

bayonetbrant

no idea - I've seen them for 6-8 months now
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

you want states or some of the far flung cities over here? in my ops department we have frankfurt, london, paris, prague, hamburg, berlin, madrid and barcelona

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 26, 2012, 01:42:32 PM
you want states or some of the far flung cities over here? in my ops department we have frankfurt, london, paris, prague, hamburg, berlin, madrid and barcelona

I'll take whatever I can get!  Some international one would be wicked cool, but I don't even know if they make them...

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on March 26, 2012, 01:48:15 PM
A Grogheads mug would be cool.

Let us get some administrivia knocked out.  I want to get us set up on Cafe Press where we can do mugs, shirts, etc.  I really want a GrogHeads shirt or two, just to make everyone at work wonder what I'm up to.

mirth

Brant, I'll check my local SB for a Maine mug.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

OK, just because I'm lazy like that, I surfed over to Starbucks.com to see if I could magically make your mugs appear.

Apparently, you are on a legitimate Quest. I could not find them on the website. I'll roll by my local one here in a few minutes and see what I can find for you.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

...except that I was clever enough to hit Amazon.com (where your image came from) and discovered you can buy a ton of them there.

Nevertheless I'll see what my local shop has.

Centurion40

I'll check and see if there is anything worthwhile here.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

No joy at Starbucks #1. Fortunately there are about a dozen in town.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

LongBlade

I found nothing at my local shop. The girl said she'd worked there for months and never seen one. And more interesting, there was a guy in just yesterday who asked for the same thing.

MikeGER

maybe this German fan website could be handy there are ppl who sell and want to trade their mugs

http://www.city-mugs.de/Marktplatz/marktplatz.php

mirth

I'm starting to get the sense that this might be a head game that Brant is playing. See how many of us he can get to look for the mugs that don't really exist!