Need a Hand From the Grogs

Started by bayonetbrant, March 26, 2012, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Is it a specific one (like the picture)? DC has several.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

So of the mugs in the style above, we now have

Washington DC
Hawaii
Waikiki
Charlotte
Houston
Dallas
London
Toronto
San Francisco
San Diego
Calgary
North Carolina
Detroit
Glasgow
Las Vegas
St Louis
India
California
Atlanta
New Orleans
Frankfurt
Cologne
Vancouver

Many of those were picked up on the great family reunion road trip of 2012 but others have trickled in over the years.

The challenge is that I don't think Sbux has that line in stores any more b/c they've swapped out for the shorter, stockier "You Are Here" series :(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Dare I say that I will be driving through Baltimore this Saturday?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The nearest Starbucks to me is 30 miles away. If I'm close to one, I'll give it a look-see. Or, if I happen by some poor smuck with a mug held loosely in his grubby paws, I'll grab it and run. If he catches up with me, there maybe a little blood on it. Mine probably. That OK?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

sure - either it washes out or I tell the wife that it's part of the decor pattern

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
how close are you to Baltimore?  :)

I just drove through there yesterday.  Not planning on going back anytime soon, though.

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak