Pictures of Greatness!

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, June 14, 2012, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Don't hate me, but I am not a Lego model fan. :outtahere:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

^WHAT

...anyway, I've gone down the rabbit hole for the Executor and just got an LED light kit for it  :ThumbsUp:

Now also deciding, besides the imperial star destroyer, between a TIE fighter and an AT-ST (two-legged walker) for my next set.

Also have to choose between the old skool Empire Strikes Back AT-ST or the new Mandalorian AT-ST.

The light kits from a company called Lightailing are absolutely awesome:

https://www.lightailing.com/collections/star-wars-lights/products/lightailing-light-kit-for-lego-executor-super-star-destroyer%E2%84%A2-75356

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Would the light kit require you to take it apart to install?  Not that you wouldn't enjoy that!

Gusington

^I definitely thought about that and don't have an answer. From the images all the LEDs look to be running around the surface, so fingers crossed. For about 25.00 (big sale at that site) I was willing to gamble.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bobarossa

I'm guessing the flamethrower guy is planning to roast enemies when they get up close.

Staggerwing

He's already too close to Bazooka Joe for safety. I'm guessing that the pic was a training exercise rather than actual front line serendipity, with some F4U's flying extra low at just the right moment.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Uberhaus

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 02, 2024, 09:52:53 PMHe's already too close to Bazooka Joe for safety. I'm guessing that the pic was a training exercise rather than actual front line serendipity, with some F4U's flying extra low at just the right moment.
and the hardpoints on the F4Us are empty as well.

Windigo

I would hazard a guess that that wasan absolutely staged picture for PR purposes.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

IIRC its a Marine training thing from the late 40s, early 50's.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Jarhead0331

Definitely maneuvers. The Corsairs are unarmed and the gun ports are taped.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Uberhaus

Quite the tributes there:

Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars; Dennis Quaid, the actor; not sure if Shepard is a reference to Alan Shepard; nor Burton to the actor Levar Burton on STNG; but Duncan Idaho is from Dune

Ellen Ripley, Cpl. Hicks and Pvt. Vasquez are all from Aliens, while Rick Deckard is from Blade Runner.  From the last section (or squad  :rolleyes:  ), I can only get Johnny Rico from Starship Troopers and Will Riker from STNG.

Anyone know the ones I missed or are they named for friends and relatives like one does for XCom squaddies?

bobarossa

Bowman from 2001, Thrace from BSG. O'Neil from SG1.  Connor, S from Terminators

W8taminute

Quote from: Uberhaus on January 26, 2024, 08:44:46 PMnot sure if Shepard is a reference to Alan Shepard

I think it's Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect series.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk