IRL (In Real Life) > Sports

2018 Running Football Thread

<< < (2/11) > >>

BanzaiCat:
Yeah, that was another surprise, until I thought about it a bit. I figured London might be a leader since they do so many pre-season games there...and maybe Mexico City. Then I read up and saw Brazil and Japan are options, too.  :o

MetalDog:
London has been getting regular season games for at least ten years.  Maybe more.  They had three, I think, last year.  If expansion out of the country is going to work, they are going to have to find enough regional partners to make a division.  Otherwise, going to Tokyo and coming back home, or Rio, or London, is going to cause a mutiny. 

The head of the NFLPA just said the other day that they are preparing for war at the next labor negotiations.  I believe those are in 2021.  And they have to sort out Thursday night games, quality of play and officiating, and replay, at the very least.  Oh, and what is a catch?!  If I was the players, I would give the owners expansion, or the ok to play regular season games in more locations outside the continental U.S., for everything else they are asking for.  And not a cent less.

bayonetbrant:
https://twitter.com/yourboyeddie/status/972541746394509312

bayonetbrant:
we'll re-stick this once we get closer to the season

Steelgrave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version