War on the Sea coming soon! (from Killerfish Games)

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

I've been eyeballing Victory At Sea Pacific for some time, hoping to see more positive reviews.  WotS may sink any chance of me grabbing VaSP outside of a major sale now.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Skoop

This could be good, but was hoping for playable surface ships in cold waters before it got dropped into abandonware.  It was nice having a dangerous waters lite to mess around with.

hellfish6

Quote from: Skoop on April 04, 2020, 04:51:52 PM
This could be good, but was hoping for playable surface ships in cold waters before it got dropped into abandonware.  It was nice having a dangerous waters lite to mess around with.

I don't see how it was abandoned. They finished the game, did everything they said they were going to do, and gave us an entire new theater for free on top of that.

JasonPratt

I got the impression somehow that they're still planning on playable surface ships. Just in a future separate release (sort of like Dangerous Waters itself, since the comparison has been made. ;) That started out as a sub simulator -- through two iterations of that first? Can't recall if 688 Hunter had two distinct sub games before DW...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

The_Admiral

Nah Cold Waters is done. The team split.
One man stayed behind at Killerfish, making War on the Sea, this will be pure PTO with a mix of GNB2 & TF1942 influences. The others founded Triassic Games to make Sea Power, it will be a mix of Fleet Command & Cold Waters. Let's say you now have the "classics" and the "moderns".

And Sonalysts did indeed make Sub Command after 688i H/K & before DW - but also Fleet Command ;)

JasonPratt

Okay, Sea Power is what I was thinking of as the "Dangerous Waters"-ish successor to Cold Waters.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Skoop

Quote from: The_Admiral on April 05, 2020, 10:00:45 AM
One man stayed behind at Killerfish, making War on the Sea, this will be pure PTO with a mix of GNB2 & TF1942 influences. The others founded Triassic Games to make Sea Power, it will be a mix of Fleet Command & Cold Waters. Let's say you now have the "classics" and the "moderns".

And Sonalysts did indeed make Sub Command after 688i H/K & before DW - but also Fleet Command ;)

Well, in that case it seems it will be an even better with both a modern and WWII project running.  Hope both are completed, it will be nice to have options for naval warfare.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: The_Admiral on April 05, 2020, 10:00:45 AM

Speaking of, how is that coming along? Haven't seen any updates in awhile.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

The_Admiral

Doing fine! Our teams are pretty close and we often chat with each other. I get to see special stuff  :coolsmiley:
(no worry, nothing NSFW though)
They're working a lot but they don't enjoy our luxury of having a very efficient tech team on one side, and a producer with no actual talent on the other, hence with much time on his hands to post around the clock. :))

They will certainly hype it up a bit more during the upcoming weeks. If you like modern stuff, people you're gonna be blessed!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Jeez, I wondered what threw that virusy-looking re-title up! Apparently the ad/mods have caught him/it already and zorched.

Now to get the title back to normal.  O0

Millipede

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

This is good news, but much more interested in Sea Power.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18