Main Menu

College Football 2020

Started by airboy, July 31, 2020, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2020, 09:29:35 PM
Can't believe you could eat while watching. That would be like me eating while watching the Jets.

You do not understand College Football.  But after all, it was not UNC losing to Dook.  Several of the people were real big Auburn fans, but they ate well and enjoyed the meal.

Ask Sir Andrew D. about tailgating or watch parties.

Sir Slash

I would've lost money on that game. No way I thought Bama would beat the Tigers like that.  :o And with the Gators winning today, it looks like Florida vs Alabama for the SEC Championship. That ought to be a real shoot-out.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

^ You are like everyone else who I talked to about the spread before the game.  My wife and I were not convinced and would have taken Bama and the spread (I can even provide multiple references about this).  But Alabama does not have a legal sports book and I would not take a bet against a team I actually cared about - so it makes no difference.

Auburn's Safety (Smoke Monday) played absolutely horribly.  If he had moved in the right direction (on most any of the Alabama 25+ yard touchdown plays) they should have been stopped after 10-15 yards.  One of my buddies at the party said the Alabama highlight reel would be the Smoke Monday lowlight reel.  At the end of the game when they replayed all of the longer Bama scores - there he was screwing up every time.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 28, 2020, 10:44:59 PM
It looks like Florida vs Alabama for the SEC Championship. That ought to be a real shoot-out.  :bd:

Man, who would have thought Florida would be back so solidly this season? Gators vs Tide, it's like old times!

(Except the Vols suck instead of being schizo-competent.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Auburn's defensive line was crushed by Texas A&M.  My wife was happy with the result because she wants the coach fired.  Auburn is not competitive with the top tier of the SEC in football this season.

UNC crushed Western Carolina scoring 42 in the first half then yanking the starters (as they should).

Dook was humuliated again.  Perhaps their worst season in two decades.

BYU / Coastal Carolina matchup was interesting.  Game set up within a week to help both teams chances of getting to a major bowl.  BYU needed it more than CC given how weak their opponents are this season.  Really close game.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

UNC put up 62 on #10 Miami and set several school, conference and NCAA records for rushing.

Dook lost.

Auburn may or may not win (I'm going to bed).

Tennessee did not get beat by a girl.

From ESPN's Bottom 10: "This weekend Vandy hosts Tennessee in the Volunteer State Pillow Fight of the Week presented by Dollywood. The winner of the game gets Coastal Carolina coach Jamey Chadwell's phone number." >:D

Boggit

Rugby anyone?

Two of the world's classiest teams... O0

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

airboy

Auburn fired Malzan.

He gets $21.4 million for not working.

Wish I got 10% of that for not working for Auburn.

Sir Slash

I would do that job for 5%. And probably do just as poorly. ;D  The BIG game was supposed to be Sat.'s SEC Championship Alabama/Florida, but after this past Sat. I'm thinking it'll be over by half-time.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

This has just been a really bizarre college football season.  The signal-to-noise ratio is a lot lower than it has been in many years due to all the COVID disruptions to prep time, game time rosters, and impact on opponents.  A team that is a buzzsaw one weekend will be a cupcake the next.

My own Sooners managed to claw their way back from a miserably slow start to make it to the Big XII conference championship game.  Now, if either OU or ISU has to withdraw from playing because of COVID numbers, the Big XII has announced that they'll sub in Texas for either team.  Texas, who's already had 5 of their 6 captains opt out for the remainder of the season (one injury, 4 voluntary).

What happens in the SEC CG if one team loses too many players due to COVID?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on November 28, 2020, 10:27:36 PM

Ask Sir Andrew D. about tailgating or watch parties.

Food's part of football.  As is watching with friends, and foes. 

Hell, half the Iron Bowls I ever saw were with Bama fans. 

Best one I saw my best friend who is a Bama grad had alternating shots of Alabama Slammers, Buttery Nipples, Blue Hawaiians and Screwdrivers.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on December 13, 2020, 09:55:38 PM
Auburn fired Malzan.

He gets $21.4 million for not working.

Wish I got 10% of that for not working for Auburn.

And then we proceed to embarrass ourselves with an 8 person "search committee"

Sports Illustrated took us to task and I agree.  There's a simple formula here.  Cristobal if he says yes, Freeze then if you're feeling risky, Napier after and then you get into your coffers and throw at Kiffen and Sark.

Auburn needing a committee to try to pick...that's just so JABA.  We don't need 8 boosters and former players to pick a guy.  The fact we do is showing there's dissent and that the old "our guy" crowd is still there looking at utterly awful choices like Steele, Lashee and Muschamp. 

I don't disagree with letting Gus go, but man, we have to upgrade.  The "pick our guy" philosophy of the post-Tubberville era has to end.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Mixing drinks is the best way to get over to losing a football game not winning one. The hangover feels more genuinely painful that way.  <:-)

JasonPratt

"I just have two quality losses instead of one now!"

"My Mom even warned me about your defense! But did I listen?! ....no." {voice cracks pitifully}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!