Squad Battles updated to 4.01

Started by Jarhead0331, May 09, 2023, 02:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Of course, none of the current ones I own:)  Hopefully others coming soon.

Zulu1966

Wow - they have done a great job on these...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Strela

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 09, 2023, 02:38:36 PMOf course, none of the current ones I own:)  Hopefully others coming soon.

We are working out what comes next, ideally titles where there is a single graphics set like the Vietnam or Pacific War titles. The stand alone titles like Spanish Civil War or First World War may be later due to the amount of new art needed.

That said, we are experimenting with AI generated images currently and that may be a great shortcut if we can get the quality we want.

So net net, work is ongoing, all the code is completed, and it is primarily art assets and revisions of the order of battles to use the new art that has to be done.

Finally, do have a look at the blog post in the initial post, we have given some great reference material away for free and who doesn't like free stuff!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Strela on May 09, 2023, 09:46:40 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 09, 2023, 02:38:36 PMOf course, none of the current ones I own:)  Hopefully others coming soon.

We are working out what comes next, ideally titles where there is a single graphics set like the Vietnam or Pacific War titles. The stand alone titles like Spanish Civil War or First World War may be later due to the amount of new art needed.

That said, we are experimenting with AI generated images currently and that may be a great shortcut if we can get the quality we want.

So net net, work is ongoing, all the code is completed, and it is primarily art assets and revisions of the order of battles to use the new art that has to be done.

Finally, do have a look at the blog post in the initial post, we have given some great reference material away for free and who doesn't like free stuff!

Thanks and don't get me wrong, much appreciate the updates, just first round didn't happen to hit the games I had for Eagle Strike and Vietnam, although sounds like that one might be next.  Eventually I will try other games in the series but would like to see how the update goes.  Maybe I missed it, but did the demo version get updated?

Rayfer

FYI...I just updated Advance to the Reich to 4.01.  Unlike other series updates, for these you have to delete your 4.00 version, and get a new installer from WDS (easy to do, just sign into your account from their home page) and install it from there.

rahamy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 10, 2023, 09:13:51 AMMaybe I missed it, but did the demo version get updated?

Not yet, but should be in the near future.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/