When the FRIDAY Broke Free

Started by Jarhead0331, April 30, 2021, 11:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

What the heck...12:15 EST and no Friday thread!? Slackers!

Going to be a bunch of Battlefront...Cold War and Fire & Rubble.  Always DCS with the new rig that is finally running well. Maybe some Star Citizen 3.13. Finally, I hope to test out the new Burning Baltics DLC for Steel Division 2.

Tonight, I will game and toast to John Tiller...what a loss. R.I.P., good sir.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

RIP John Tiller. I will raise a glass.

Awesome track, btw.

I will be trying out Rome TW Remastered, playing some more Age of Empires Remastered and perhaps go back to Assassin's Creed: Origins (not remastered, yet). Perhaps some Civ VI and Field of Glory II as well.

Oh and please post impressions of Combat Mission Cold War...I want this to be my first foray into the series.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2021, 12:08:54 PM
Oh and please post impressions of Combat Mission Cold War...I want this to be my first foray into the series.

It's awesome. Really tough, even battles that are hard to get in CMSF2. Helicopters, AA firing back at them, DPICM artillery, ATGMs everywhere. Nothing lives long.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on April 30, 2021, 02:15:48 PM

It's awesome. Really tough, even battles that are hard to get in CMSF2. Helicopters, AA firing back at them, DPICM artillery, ATGMs everywhere. Nothing lives long.

Just wait until the tactical nukes start dropping.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 30, 2021, 02:28:03 PM

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

I'm going to spend more time with Enlisted over the weekend.  This one has the kind of hook I have been searching for. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MengJiao

Quote from: al_infierno on April 30, 2021, 02:32:24 PM

I guess I'm skipping the nukes for now: HLL, World of Warships and Boardgames

Redwolf

I just had a fully loaded 120mm mortar carrier hit by an ATGM. Came pretty close.

-budd-

Still storming Leningrad in WITE 2.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Sounds like you guys who have it are really enjoying Cold War.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Gusington on April 30, 2021, 08:19:18 PM
Sounds like you guys who have it are really enjoying Cold War.

Granted I am pretty biased, but Cold War is amazing  ;D

Predictably, it is what I will be spending a lot of my future time on. Hoping to get some good PBEMs in while working on a few things on the side, like scenario's, write ups, and mods. Good time to be a CM fan!

Sir Slash

The Wife and I just got back from a Spring Break get-away to lovely Asheville N.C. for 4 days where we saw the sights, ate too much, and I drank WAY too much. The last night there we took a guided tour of downtown Asheville's Roof-Top bars. You sip complimentary drinks while the guide tells you the history of the town, you look over the beautiful scenery and mountains surrounding it. Drinking is a lot more fun if you have somebody else to do all the driving for you.   <:-)  Now I'm home. And broke. Again. So, it's mow the lawn or do the taxes.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Trying to get my head around WarPlan Pacific. I just downloaded it and dived into the Solomons Campaign. There is no tutorial and I haven't got a clue as to what I should be doing. Looks like my first task is to read the manual. The game is really nicely presented, but it's not something to just dive into. I suspect there is a lot to learn before playing it.

Also have a Combat Mission game in progress and some Field of Glory MP games, and my Warhammer II Ikit Claw Skaven campaign...
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat