Imperium Great battles of Rome

Started by Anguille, July 31, 2021, 05:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2021, 01:39:01 PM
I'm concerned it is going to run like crap on a modern system and not hold up well.

I'll wait to hear from our resident expert.

HURRY, ANGUILLE!
Here i am!

Just tested one battle on my windows 10 Acer Nitro...runs very well.

Remember, it's an updated edition of a game that was released in...2004. There was a plan to release it worldwide back then but it never happened, so i played the spanish version. It's a cool and different type of RTS. For 10 Dollars, it's a no-brainer. I think it's really cool. Most negative reviews are from people who already played the original and expected a lot of new things but the HD version wasn't done by Haemimont. Anyway, very glad to have it finally on steam....

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I've seen there's no manual, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

A major feature is the SPACE bar. I recommend to do the tutorial first.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2021, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2021, 03:09:13 PM
I am also waiting. I have matured...a bit.

I foolishly bought a magazine yesterday for $9.99 that I already have. I'm using that needless extra expense as a justification for holding off on this purchase. So far, it is having the intended psychological effect.

It is four hours later from your last post.  Is the purchase of the extra magazine still having its deterrent effect? >:D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on August 16, 2021, 06:36:07 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2021, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2021, 03:09:13 PM
I am also waiting. I have matured...a bit.

I foolishly bought a magazine yesterday for $9.99 that I already have. I'm using that needless extra expense as a justification for holding off on this purchase. So far, it is having the intended psychological effect.

It is four hours later from your last post.  Is the purchase of the extra magazine still having its deterrent effect? >:D

Against all expectations... Yes
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Quote from: bobarossa on August 16, 2021, 06:30:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2021, 06:22:58 PM
Space bar?
I guess we need a tutorial for Anguille's posts.
Sorry i wasn't clear. When you press the space bar, you switch from tactical view to strategic view. Very important.

Gusington

^Ooh nice.

Reviews on Steam are at 'mostly negative' however :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Just grabbed it and the interface is indeed obtuse and opaque. I must turn on tutorial mode.
Supply mechanic seems pretty cool. Graphics and animations are pretty hard on the eyes. Defo more age of empires than total war.
Guess the easiest comparison would be cossacks.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2021, 08:00:48 AM
^Ooh nice.

Reviews on Steam are at 'mostly negative' however :/
Mostly because of Italian and Spanish players who expected a much improved version of the original game (which they have played to death). But it's just an updated version of the original (Haemimont wasn't involved in the HD edition) and, for us outside of Spain and Italy, a game that we were not able to play before. It's an older game in 2d but it's a good game, well worth the 10 dollars it costs. My humble opinion.

Imagine playing Starcraft for the first time.

Jarhead0331

I had this game before. Not on steam, but I was able to get it via digital download. I'll have to investigate where because I don't remember offhand.

Is this basically the same as Celtic Kings: Rage of War, or is it a totally different game?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2021, 08:39:54 AM
I had this game before. Not on steam, but I was able to get it via digital download. I'll have to investigate where because I don't remember offhand.

Is this basically the same as Celtic Kings: Rage of War, or is it a totally different game?

I have it also from fxinteractive (spain).

Jarhead0331

It looks like this is a sequal to Celtic Kings: Rage of War, so maybe I didn't have it. It looks like I have Celtic Kings on GOG, but I could have sworn I had this one too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2021, 08:44:12 AM
It looks like this is a sequal to Celtic Kings: Rage of War, so maybe I didn't have it. It looks like I have Celtic Kings on GOG, but I could have sworn I had this one too.
They made 3 games with this engine:

Celtic Kings: Rage of War (Imperium I)
Celtic Kings: Punic Wars aka Nemesis of the Roman Empire (Imperium II)
Great battles of Rome (Imperium III)