New toy - S&W K-22 Outdoorsman

Started by al_infierno, March 15, 2022, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 18, 2022, 09:28:40 AM
was declared to be a high capacity fully semi-auto assault/ranch style rifleweapon of murdering murder 2 years ago and I'm not allowed to use it.  The gophers have been breathing a little easier since the ban.

You have quite the way with words  :2funny:  As a Californian I feel your pain.  The way our lawmakers operate is to try and make it as annoying and difficult as possible to buy a gun, rather than making things safer for anyone.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

Well I took this puppy to the range a few weekends ago with my dad.  Shot beautifully up until the firing pin broke, rendering the cylinder unable to open.   :buck2:  I learned an important lesson about why people generally don't take 80-year-old guns out to the range!

With enough luck my dad and I (ok, mostly my dad) will be able to fix it without taking it to a gunsmith, but we'll see.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on November 21, 2022, 08:17:56 PM
Well I took this puppy to the range a few weekends ago with my dad.  Shot beautifully up until the firing pin broke, rendering the cylinder unable to open.   :buck2:  I learned an important lesson about why people generally don't take 80-year-old guns out to the range!

With enough luck my dad and I (ok, mostly my dad) will be able to fix it without taking it to a gunsmith, but we'll see.

What ammo were you using?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2022, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 21, 2022, 08:17:56 PM

What ammo were you using?

It was either Federal copper-plated hollow point or PMC Zapper.  Possibly a mix of both.  My dad suspects that the pin was faulty to begin with when it got into my hands.

- MengJiao

al_infierno

Got it fixed up with a fresh pin for only $40!

I also recently picked up a used Browning Buckmark for target plinking.  Standby for pics...

- MengJiao

Sir Slash

"Bond, James Bond". Sweet al. Very sweet.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.