Victory at Sea: Atlantic announced

Started by Tripoli, July 27, 2023, 07:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Nice. How do you like the Pacific and Ironclad games?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2023, 08:29:30 AMNice. How do you like the Pacific and Ironclad games?
I haven't played either  :embarrassed: I more wanted to call it out to everyone, as what is lacking (IMHO) is a good Atlantic naval war game.  I would personally love to have one that involved the entire war, playable from either the UK or German side on the Operational/Strategic scale.   However, while I'm waiting for a variety of naval games to be published, I may try to scratch my itch with the Pacific game, especially since it is 75% off right now.  I'm on the fence about it, as I tend not to like RTS.  I haven't tried "War on the Sea" yet, because it seems a little "Arcady" to me, and is currently expensive ($39).  Possibly I need to look into some mods, and see if they make it better.  Like Toonces, I have this insatiable desire for WWII naval games, and my recent discovery of the "Unauthorized History of the Pacific War" channel on Youtube has given me a bad relapse.
 "https://www.youtube.com/@UnauthorizedHistoryPacificWar"   Whatever you do, don't watch their episode on 1st and 2nd Guadalcanal, as you will then spend the next hour+ searching Google for games to throw money at....

Remember, DON"T CLICK THE LINKS BELOW (Incidentally, they have a podcast, for those who want to listen while in the car....)
https://youtu.be/ME_XABJP4Do
https://youtu.be/CyxpSVy7MYo
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^You Sir are an evil, evil proffer of historical and hobbying greatness.

I'm going to buy the Pacific game now. 10.00 is 10.00 and I'm feeling fancy  :tophat: 

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

If you want to see the true history of the War in the Pacific from Wake to Midway, the most realistic portrayal is, of course, the 12 part Japanese miniseries Kantai Collection wherein Japanese destroyers, cruisers, and battleships are portrayed as schoolgirls with giant turret/smokestack backpacks and carriers are schoolgirl/samurai archers with flightdecks for arm shields and arrows that turn into Zeroes, Vals, and Bettys once fired.

It's like someone watched the insanity that is Girls Und Panzer and thought, "I can go crazier.  Toshi, hold my happoshu, let's do this!"

JasonPratt

....wow, now I remember 2014 when this game first came out. And I feel old. For remembering 2014.

10 years later, they remake the game. It isn't the "remake" that bothers me, I'm glad they're going to (in principle anyway).

It's the 10 years later.

10 years after 2014.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

SDR gets the post of the day award for that insanity.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just knowing that Kantai Collection exists  makes us all winners, Gus.

Added bonus, there's a season 2 covering Leyte Gulf to Okinawa.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

More ships added to VaS Atlantic.  Loved playing Emile Bertin on WOWS until they nerfed her torps.  :tickedoff:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1674830/view/3895112682046916004
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd