Main Menu

Sweet Home Friday

Started by Tripoli, September 17, 2021, 06:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

BoC work .  Maybes some Flashpoint Campaigns
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Dark Souls III and Fallen Enchantress, maybe re-start Dying Light. 'Tis the beginning of spooky season, after all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Let me know what you think about Dark Souls III. 

Although I'm a big Dark Souls fan I did not get the third iteration of this franchise. 

As an aside and props to those Dark Souls community members who know where I'm coming from I will proudly say "Prepare to Cry!"
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Continuing my playthrough of Encased which I am still enjoying, and desperately trying to getting up to speed with Field of Glory 2 Medieval which I finally caved in and bought yesterday as the new Digital League season is imminent and I am going to enter a team in the High medieval section for the first time along with my usual hapless entries in the Ancients sections.

Researching Atom RPG and Trudograd the follow up as they may be my next buys.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Field of Glory II: Swords and Scimitars comes out next week! I have received feedback from a few peeps here that Atom is not so great. YMMV.

IIRC I tried the original Dark Souls on PC years ago, got my ass handed to me and never looked back.

However, I did finish Star Wars: Fallen Order which I did read is very 'souls' like, so perhaps hope springs eternal? I have also read that recent AssCreed games have 'soulsy' combat...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tripoli on September 17, 2021, 06:33:40 AM
BoC work

BoC ?

I'm going to try Age of Wonders Planetfall (premium edition) for the first time.

I also have Fallen Enchantress that I never started up before so that might be another option.

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I totally forgot that I had Fallen Enchantress and most of the DLC too :/ - never played it at all.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

No gaming this weekend, celebrating 24 years of Wedded Bliss with my long-suffering Wife. Me  :dreamer:  Her  :pullhair:  Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Weird, I have also been with The Wife for 24 years.

Is it the same The Wife?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 17, 2021, 11:14:21 AM
No gaming this weekend, celebrating 24 years of Wedded Bliss with my long-suffering Wife. Me  :dreamer:  Her  :pullhair:  Have a great weekend Grogs.

Congrats Sir Slash!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: Geezer on September 17, 2021, 09:42:35 AM
Battletech Advanced 3062.

That sounds pretty advanced.  I'm going to be playing Enlisted -- the all-new Tunisian Campaign with motorcycles and Enfield IIIs with very nice bayonets.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Dark Souls III is the best of the trilogy imo.  It takes the better elements of 1 and foregoes the mistakes of 2 while still making the overall experience a bit streamlined but still more interesting.

Dunno what I'll play this weekend, I installed Prey after having bought it ages ago due to the sparkling reviews, but never played it.  I'll also probably hop on my Insurgency co-op server (SithAdmin's Server) for some shooty bang bang.

Congrats Slash!   <:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao