After Action Reports > Digital Gaming AARs

Why do people do AARs?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Jarhead0331:
I enjoy doing AARs because it gives me an opportunity to showcase a game, while also discussing and exploring the history/lore of the subject matter while also providing an opportunity to express myself creatively.

Doing a preview or a review, I tend to be much more “boilerplate”, if you will and I get overly compulsive about being thorough and accurate. For me, an AAR is much more freeform and subject to my own whim.

Sir Slash:
And I love reading all of your AAR's. Many times I use AAR's to make the final decision on whether or to pass on a particular game as well as how to play the damn things. Hats-off to all you AAR-er's.  :notworthy:

airboy:
Thanks Jarhead!

And Sir Slash - thanks for the nice comments on the AAR writers.

Airborne Rifles:
I’ve enjoyed doing AARs because it lets me tell the “story” of how the game unfolded. I started to feel like the stories being written by the gameplay were too good to keep to myself.

KyzBP:

--- Quote from: Airborne Rifles on January 17, 2019, 01:20:49 PM ---I’ve enjoyed doing AARs because it lets me tell the “story” of how the game unfolded. I started to feel like the stories being written by the gameplay were too good to keep to myself.

--- End quote ---
I thoroughly enjoyed your AARs.  They actually made me buy the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version