airboy:
Libya Part 2 is up.
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/24/libya-part-2-sandstorm-aar/

airboy:
Scenario 1, Libya is complete!
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/libya-conclusion/

Martok:
Nice.  O0 

How did this play-through of the scenario compare to your previous attempts?  Harder or easier?  Did you get the Tobrok "event" before? 

airboy:

--- Quote from: Martok on February 24, 2020, 10:38:23 PM ---Nice.  O0 

How did this play-through of the scenario compare to your previous attempts?  Harder or easier?  Did you get the Tobrok "event" before?

--- End quote ---

After playing this scenario 25+ times I finally hit on a strategy that works every single time.  The key is not screwing up turns 4-5.  Don't advance down the coast road so fast that you have too much separation between the armor.  Hit Benghazi with all of your infantry and artillery in range.  Turn after that, seal off the British Infantry and AT gun so they cannot get past the escarpment.  Last, keep the first major British armor unit in front of your armor column - and make that column wide enough that you cannot get encircled by just one unit.  Only use the dive bomber on the major British armor to ensure its destruction before the critical point you can get surrounded.  Getting cut off or not totally destroying the first major Brit armor is what would always cause me severe problems.                   

Last, make sure you capture the airfield AFTER Benghazi before your dive bomber crashes from running out of fuel. 

It is a crapshoot if you can cut off the retreating British infantry (motorized) before it gets to Tobruk.  My current strategy has this happen about 75% of the time.

This scenario became a mania.  I played it way, way too many times searching for angles.  I found a lot of them, but at a huge time cost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version