Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Wargaming

Old School Tactical

<< < (2/3) > >>

Barthheart:
Iíve been playing LnLT since 2005. Great series and none other has the breadth of eras to play, from early WWII to late WWII East and West fronts, North Africa, Pacific, Vietnam, hypothetical WWIII, Falklands, Russians in Afghanistan, Mogadishu, Libya and coming soon Grenada.
Easy to learn, especially with the version 5 rules. You can even learn to play for free, download the rules and then play he starter kits on VASSAL or Tabletop Simulator, or Tabletopia... all for free. Very easy to play solo and thereís a solo system that works for any of the games.

OST is the new kid and is a great system as well. Currently East front, West Front and Pacific. Very easy to learn and solo friendly. I have all the East and West front stuff, expansions and all, and it is very fun to play.

Canít go wrong with either series really.

Ubercat:
I'm pretty sure that Conflict of Heroes has a solo upgrade of some sort. I seem to recall being told all about it at the Academy Games counter at WBC last summer. I just don't recall any details.

Barthheart:

--- Quote from: Ubercat on July 24, 2020, 08:47:35 PM ---I'm pretty sure that Conflict of Heroes has a solo upgrade of some sort. I seem to recall being told all about it at the Academy Games counter at WBC last summer. I just don't recall any details.

--- End quote ---

Th Conflict of Heroes Solo, which the LnLT Solo is based off of, only works with scenarios that were created specifically for the the solo bot.

Rayfer:
Thanks for the great advice.  I ordered the LnL Tactics Starter Kit that lets me check out the game for only $14.99.    Ps. Barthheart....how does LnL Nations at War differ from Tactical?  Thanks.

Barthheart:

--- Quote from: Rayfer on July 25, 2020, 10:04:47 AM ---Thanks for the great advice.  I ordered the LnL Tactics Starter Kit that lets me check out the game for only $14.99.    Ps. Barthheart....how does LnL Nations at War differ from Tactical?  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Nations at War is platoon level, each counter is 3-5 tanks or 20-30 men. Hexes represent 250 m. Tactical is squad level, each counter is a single vehicle or 8-12 men. Hexes are about 50 m.

NaW plays very differently. It has a chit draw system for entire formations to move and sometimes a formation doesnít get to move in a turn. LnLT is impulse based where I move a unit or single stack and then you move , back and forth until everyone has acted.

NaW was derived from their WWIII platoon level game World at War, now World at War 85. I think the system works much better in the modern setting than WWII.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version