Rex Tutonicorum - An Altmark/Brandenburg CKII AAR - Count to King

Started by undercovergeek, September 09, 2012, 07:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Another result of a piss poor council member - the tax payers get upset

undercovergeek

Thank god for that - 6 years after entering Lubeck my man finally forges the necessary documents, and its time to expand the realm

In the bottom right a good majority of those previous wars have gone the way of the independent provinces, the HRE is much reduced in Northern Italy

undercovergeek

With baited breath we declare war on Lubeck, our forces are tiny but the mercenary piggy bank is full if needs be

undercovergeek

undercovergeek

390 Lubeck-ians arise and defeat the Altmark forces, the Saxon Band is summoned to do the job properly

undercovergeek

.........and with that the province is taken - our lands are doubled, we have a few more men and a bit more money - first rung on a very, very long ladder!

undercovergeek

.....aah the trappings of success, recognised for my awesome book keeping talents at last i get to work for the Duke, if only there was a 'stab him while he's looking at the accounts' option

undercovergeek

Scanning through the glitterati of Medieval Germany i spy a lady with claims on the Duchy of Meissen, i betrothe her to Junior, when shes adopted into the family we can press the claims on her behalf and they'll be passed onto my grandson

undercovergeek

Here she is, and under her portrait are the claims to the County, and Duchy of Meissen

undercovergeek

For 50 prestige, how can i refuse? There is always a very small chance of falling off a horse or getting maimed in combat but ill go with the flow

undercovergeek

An increase in my Martial ability is not to be sniffed at - ill take that as a great success

undercovergeek

I have no idea what has triggered this, and i have no idea where its going, for now i go with the 'secret will soon be mine' option - lets see what happens

undercovergeek

Top right - Junior catches smallpox, please dont die, please dont die, please dont die!!

undercovergeek

Crap, thats me and the heir! Smallpox and Typhoid stalk the lands around Lubeck, Holstein and Altmark - fingers crossed

To the right of the notification, in Stettin, you can see the Mecklenburg juggernaut of 1981 soldiers - keep an eye on it

undercovergeek

Saved - i hope.......

The Mecklenburg juggernaut just got wiped out by the HRE, literally destroyed. There is noone at home to defend the lands........................