Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

A new thread of things we want...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

Nice. Do they have a single malt scotch version?
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Con

Seriously thinking about the Whisky advent calendar

But this would make any one look super cool walking into the office...."talk to me goose"

Con

Centurion40

Nothing else will do.

Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

Mr. Bigglesworth

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/30/samsung-ativ-book-9-plus-review/

Not just another laptop. The screen is 3200x1800 which is higher than the best Apples.

If you are sick of looking at your 10-36MP pictures on a 2MP screen the solution is clear. You also get a whole PC, portable no less, for about 2x the price of a 2560 x whatever monitor.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 08, 2013, 10:51:08 PMThe screen is 3200x1800 which is higher than the best Apples.

I thought the whole point of Apple's Retina display was that the human eye couldn't distinguish anything of greater detail.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 09, 2013, 05:44:31 AM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 08, 2013, 10:51:08 PMThe screen is 3200x1800 which is higher than the best Apples.

I thought the whole point of Apple's Retina display was that the human eye couldn't distinguish anything of greater detail.

The retinas are what 288 ppi? You might not be able to see the pixel grid but you do see a fine blur on the screen. I looked myself yesterday in best buy. If you check out clarkvision.com he did a test with people looking at prints. Most people can clearly see an advantage up to about 400-600 dpi. As in a 350 dpi print side by side is clearly inferior.

A lot more of these 3600x1800 pixel screens are coming out for Christmas so I am waiting for the boxing day sale.

bayonetbrant

Windigo

a steam punk compound bow.... wow ... ME WANT!

preferably with compressed air warheads tipping the arrows
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

other than chore avoidence what would you personaly use that for?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Windigo on October 10, 2013, 12:59:47 PM

He'd save a fortune on skin moisturizer by being the shrub in the house that the dogs pee on.

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 10, 2013, 01:12:45 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 10, 2013, 12:59:47 PM

He'd save a fortune on skin moisturizer by being the shrub in the house that the dogs pee on.

LOL
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.