Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Yay! Well done, Jason!
Eventhough I will not play, I will keep tabs on this thread! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on April 04, 2013, 10:35:40 AM
Can I play too?  I don't have any preferences for which race I get.  I'm still a big noob with this game and expect to get slaughtered soon but I want to see how multiplayer works and learn a thing or two about the game.   :)

dont worry - we're all noobs - and with that comes a certain amount of etiquette i think. the understanding that were all new and were turtling and trying out formations and different spells - you only need to worry when we run out of indy provinces!! by then you should have a rough idea of what to do anyway

Myrmidon

Greetings!

Can i get in on this game?  I'd like to play as Ulm if it is still available.  I've got some experience in SP, but none in an MP game yet.

Thanks!

JasonPratt

Ulm was just recently taken by someone named Myrmidon.

;D

But seriously, I'll add you to the list pronto.

Welcome to the forum, too! Did you get news of the call for players somewhere else? Just curious.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Myrmidon

Nope, just a long time lurker. I'm looking forward to delving into the MP aspect of the game.  Thanks for the welcome!

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

I'm looking to set up a WW1Gold PBEM campaign (four player if possible), too, btw.

Meanwhile, I hope people are setting up invitation threads elsewhere, because I sure haven't yet! I have now set up a parallel thread at Wargamers, but I don't even have a Shrapnel or Desra account yet. (Wonder if Matrix has a general A/OF category...?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

CptHowdy

i'd like to jump in on this. i will take the C'tis(lizardmen) thanks!

JasonPratt

claes

I am in!  However this is my first multiplayer game and it could very well take forever to read up in all of the factions.  Can someone suggest a strong beginner faction?  Note that I will not be playing to win, I will be playing to learn and meet other players, so while I will be trying I know that I will be making mistakes and I intend to learn from them.  Please let me know as to the factions, but count me in as a player ;)

undercovergeek

Welcome claes - that's the spirit the games been played in anyway - its cool you've jumped in

I can send a few starter races later - at work now - I'm sure someone will jump in before then though

Huw the Poo

Welcome to Grogheads, Claes!  Feel free to join in discussions on the rest of the forum too. :)

byrdman57

If I was capable of understanding the various nations' strengths and weaknesses, I would make a suggestions. As it is, I just pick em based on how cool their units look  ;)

JasonPratt

Welcome, Claes!

The faction list, updated with scratched out choices already called, can be found here, upthread.

(Players who have already claimed a faction, please check this list and the first post with its current player:nation list, to make sure I'm updating everyone correctly.)

Most of the easy factions have been taken already. Out of the remainder, I'd look at:

Man (because they're a pretty normal "English" faction)
Marignon (good armored troops plus holy and fire magic, simple and effective)

Going outside the box a bit for an easy faction:
Ashdod (above-average starting troops for helping build a foundation into middle and endgame)
Vanheim (ditto Ashdod, but with the advantage of having permanent mirror illusions on troops, increasing their defense dramatically in early game)