Rogue Heroes Season 1 Trailer - SAS ww2 TV series

Started by Destraex, October 09, 2022, 03:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Looks a tad over cooked but might be better than a lot of the things out these days. Reminds me of a British version of the A-Team.
I really hope they don't try really hard to make these guys anti-heroes because that's what it looks like to me. We can't have heroes anymore, so make them bad at the same time as good. I know the SAS in ww2 were certainly an odd bunch. So certainly some of it is likely true... but how many girls have you slept with for an entry question? Very eccentric indeed.
I also hope this is not game of thrones style gratuitiousness. Stick to the story please... give us explosions and adventure and less pron and onlyfans. That way family viewing might actually come back into vogue. I mean movies that you can watch with other people around at reasonable hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlJ-ISm3Pk
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sigwolf

I'd definitely give it a watch, but I don't think I'm going to subscribe to Epix just for that.  Probably wait until the whole season is out and Amazon runs a 0.99/month prime channel special.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sigwolf on October 09, 2022, 08:40:23 AM
Probably wait until the whole season is out and Amazon runs a 0.99/month prime channel special.

Maybe combine Prime 30-day free trial and Epix (via Prime) 7-day free trial (when season is complete).

ArizonaTank

The press keeps hyping that creator and writer of "Peaky Blinders" is behind this, as if we are going to get "Peaky Blinders vs. Rommel."

Hopefully the series tries to be true to the history. 

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Peaky Blinders is one of my favorite shows of all time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

It's as if Tarantino portrayed the SAS.  Personally I'm enjoying it.  Tactically deployed classic AC/DC had me grinning I have to say.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

fran

Read a review saying it gets better couple of episodes in.

fran

Quote from: Father Ted on October 31, 2022, 08:32:41 PM
It's as if Tarantino portrayed the SAS.  Personally I'm enjoying it.  Tactically deployed classic AC/DC had me grinning I have to say.

Agree with the above...now 2 episodes in.

Production values are good, and the emphasis is on the characters so far.

Would like to see how it evolves...Series 2 set in France?

ArizonaTank

The first episode premiered on Epix streaming the other day.

I generally liked it...but found the premise of two guys jumping out of an airplane into the desert with only a vague plan and no equipment or supplies just a little too far-fetched.

I get that they are supposed to be iconoclastic shoot-first types...but I don't think they are supposed to be idiots.

That kind of broke the suspension of disbelief factor for me....

Otherwise, the production, acting and script were pretty good. I'll stick with it.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Sir Slash

I didn't think it was too bad either. I wish the assault on the Italian Gun Emplacement scene would've been longer and more detailed. Also the Stukas flying around dropping bombs on Tobruk here and there didn't strike me as very authentic.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I liked it overall but I also wonder how much they exaggerated the more reckless traits of the three founding officers.  When the Charlie Sheen character from Navy SEALs comes across as level-headed and pragmatic in comparison, you might've overdone it.

Shame they couldn't get more period authentic vehicles or mockups.  The aircraft used in the strafing attack and the "panzer" in Ep 6 did a lot to pull me out of the story. 

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 16, 2022, 03:58:10 PM
I liked it overall but I also wonder how much they exaggerated the more reckless traits of the three founding officers.  When the Charlie Sheen character from Navy SEALs comes across as level-headed and pragmatic in comparison, you might've overdone it.

I wonder how much of this is pandering to the "Peaky Blinders" crowd. At least in the States, the link between PB and RH has been pushed in the marketing.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Destraex

Sounds like they really had to make sure these guys had massive faults and character flaws to justify making it.
I am yet to have a look but you guys have at least forewarned me.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Destraex on November 28, 2022, 03:08:50 AM
Sounds like they really had to make sure these guys had massive faults and character flaws to justify making it.
I am yet to have a look but you guys have at least forewarned me.

Yes, recommend it, despite a few warts.

Just watched the third episode. Except for the first third of the episode, the main characters were less reckless than previous episodes. The last two thirds of episode three have them finally getting down to business and was more like what I was expecting from the show.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"