Main Menu

Our Friday

Started by Dammit Carl!, December 04, 2020, 09:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Wow.  Beating the regulars today with this?

Anyhoo, I'm neck deep with my fling with World of Tanks/Warships so see you dudes in a few months when I burn out on it again.  Speaking of WoT, Christmas is here and that means a whole slew of goodies/missions/whatnot and for this year...wait for it...one can get Chuck Norris as a tank commander (granted, you gotta grind for it, but still).

Titillated, I tells ya.

Take care folks!

Boggit

Congrats! You are quick off the mark.

I've got a couple of ongoing MP games going with Nelmsm and another friend.

Aside from that I hope to finish off my Sicilian campaign for MTW2 and play some Rimworld. May get a game of Gladius in if time permits as the Eldar.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

More Aurora C#, I'm obsessed again, Per Aspera, might try to jump back into Cepheus Protocol and hopefully some DCS. I'm gearing up for Cyberpunk next week, which I anticipate will take over my life, as well as the new Medal of Honor in VR!!!!

Good times, fellas!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

An old classic! Excellent

Not playing as much as i used too since about 2 months....first my computer isn't working as good as it used to and then my Dad died of Covid on the 11th of November. I am mostly watching tv to distract me. I am mostly too tired to play anyway.

Still, i would like to play some Interstellar Space: Genesis with the new DLC. It's really a decent 4x.

airboy

Losing a parent is always hard.  May God have mercy on his soul.

Anguille

Quote from: airboy on December 04, 2020, 10:34:29 AM
Thanks. I am sure he's in good hands now. My dad was a great man and very kind. If he's not going straight to heaven, i don't know who will.  I am mostly sorry for my children who lost their beloved grandpa.

Dammit Carl!

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on December 04, 2020, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: airboy on December 04, 2020, 10:34:29 AM
Thanks. I am sure he's in good hands now. My dad was a great man and very kind. If he's not going straight to heaven, i don't know who will.  I am mostly sorry for my children who lost their beloved grandpa.
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. Your Dad sounds like he was a really good person to know.

Your friends are here for you. :hug:

Let me know if you want an MP game... if we play Field of Glory again, I'll let you win this time... ;) :-"
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on December 04, 2020, 10:32:12 AM
An old classic! Excellent

Not playing as much as i used too since about 2 months....first my computer isn't working as good as it used to and then my Dad died of Covid on the 11th of November. I am mostly watching tv to distract me. I am mostly too tired to play anyway.

Still, i would like to play some Interstellar Space: Genesis with the new DLC. It's really a decent 4x.

Damn Anguille...really sorry to hear that terrible news. I lost my father in July 2019. I know how you're feeling. Hang in there and let us know if we can do anything to help. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

I'm sorry for your loss, Anguille.  Like you, I lost my dad about 8 years ago.  My prayers for you and your family.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Anguille

Thanks guys for your kind words...

@Boggit...that's really too kind of you.  :knuppel2:

Tripoli

Some of the log jams in my personal life are beginning to dissipate, so I'm starting to get back into gaming.  Currently I'm busy getting my a$$ handed to me by various players in the FoG II tournament. I'm hoping to get a bit of work done on a CMO AAR I've started.   I may try to get in some FoG Empires. Possibly a bit of Rule the Waves 2  As far as gaming work, I'm still trying to get work done on TF Admiral, Burden of Command and some of the CMO description files and images.  I'll also have an ICBM game up for any takers at 1800 PST tonight
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

My sympathies Anguille, sorry.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Lotti Fuehrscheim

My Condolences, Anguille. I lost my parents a few years ago. They were old and already surviving their illnesses much longer than the prognosis, but it changed my outlook on the world nevertheless. It has become emptier now, and I realize I am next in line to go.

On the gaming front I started a Shadow Empire multiplayer game yesterday and there will be more singleplayer Shadow Empire and I will conquer another world in Planetfall.

I am also studying the invasion of the Netherlands in Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg, but have not fully committed to play, only moved a couple of turns to see how it works. Was especially curious about the Fallschirmjaeger attack on the bridges in the West.