Main Menu

Our Friday

Started by Dammit Carl!, December 04, 2020, 09:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYBaugh

I am so sorry Anguille

solops

Shadow Empires

I want to jump back into Aurora C+, but the time eludes me.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MengJiao

Quote from: Anguille on December 04, 2020, 10:32:12 AM

Not playing as much as i used too since about 2 months....first my computer isn't working as good as it used to and then my Dad died of Covid on the 11th of November. I am mostly watching tv to distract me. I am mostly too tired to play anyway.

Sad to hear of your father's death.  My father died quite a while ago.  I still miss him every day.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on December 04, 2020, 01:37:41 PM
Shadow Empires

I want to jump back into Aurora C+, but the time eludes me.

Do it! Here is my current empire...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

airboy

I am playing Shadow Empire (probably badly on easy settings) and Order of Battle - first soviet campaign.  I want to work through those to play Red Storm with a veteran force.

Rayfer

Shadow Empire...and still enjoying board games (first time in many years) playing Old School Tactical Stalingrad expansion.

nelmsm

Well the wife tested positive for the flu on Wednesday and her Covid-19 text came back positive today as well.  So I'll probably be playing....everything since it's a 10 day quarantine from work and not much else to do around here except to do the cooking and tending to the wife's needs.  Sorry for your loss Anguille! 

Update:  My rapid test has come back positive as well.  Fortunately my symptoms are more like a head cold then anything.  Wife is feeling pretty achy but not as congested.

CJReich46

Quote from: Anguille on December 04, 2020, 10:32:12 AM
An old classic! Excellent

Not playing as much as i used too since about 2 months....first my computer isn't working as good as it used to and then my Dad died of Covid on the 11th of November. I am mostly watching tv to distract me. I am mostly too tired to play anyway.

Still, i would like to play some Interstellar Space: Genesis with the new DLC. It's really a decent 4x.

:'( Condolences Anguille. Someone I work with lost his mom just yesterday. This year has just been awful.  :hug: (Because I care for my humans)

I'm currently involved in Pharaoh/Cleopatra and at long long last I am in the New Kingdom Campaign! The final cities await!

I have Shadow Empire which intrigues me with the new air forces.  Plus I have Stellaris with newly acquired Federations and Ancient Relics to tinker with.

But mostly I've been watching MST3k on twitch tv.  It's been my go to during this, and with all the stress at work it's gotten me through.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

airboy

Sir Slash

I am also quite sorry to hear of the loss of your Father Anguille. I lost mine back in 1993 and miss him everyday still. There's so much I see everyday that I know he would laugh at, especially when I get my ass in a crack sometimes.

Medieval 2 TW with Stainless Steel as the Stormin' Normans. Here, Good King Ademaro with his army prepares to storm the walls of Alexandria. Have a great weekend Grogs and... take care nelmsm of yourself and the Wife!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on December 04, 2020, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: airboy on December 04, 2020, 10:34:29 AM
Losing a parent is always hard.  May God have mercy on his soul.
Thanks. I am sure he's in good hands now. My dad was a great man and very kind. If he's not going straight to heaven, i don't know who will.  I am mostly sorry for my children who lost their beloved grandpa.

I'm so sorry to hear this Anguille.  I lost my dad back in July of this year.  I know my dad is in a better place now.  I'll pray for you and your dad tonight.

My two daughters were hit pretty hard when they lost their grandpa.  My advice for you is comfort your children, your wife, and if your mom is still around visit her as much as possible during the first three months.  Let her know that she can count on her son to be there for her now that the love of her life is gone.  I say this from my heart and it works. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on December 04, 2020, 11:16:19 AM
Thanks guys for your kind words...

@Boggit...that's really too kind of you.  :knuppel2:
;D

Hopefully it gave you a grin. >:D

You're on then! Let me know whether you want to play FoG or FoG2 and I'll set a game up for us. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

Hang in there nelmsm.

And Slash after a dozen years (or more) that game still looks great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Myrmidon

My deepest condolences for your loss Anguille. 

Nelmsms, hoping for the best for you and your wife. 

Dominions 5 on the primary burner for this weekend.  In 4 MP games on the Discord server, but there really is something special about the Grogshead game.  The world is now on fire, the turns are intense, and the stakes high.  Should be fun!

Any spare gaming time will be occupied with Wizards and Warlords, and Dwarf Fortress.  Shadow Empires, Elite Dangerous and Aurora C++ are on the desire to play list, but who know when I'll get around to them again...

EDIT: Oh yeah, discovered Barbarians on Netflix.  Outstanding series so far.  I'm not a big fan of subtitles typically, but the voiceovers weren't adding to the ambience for me.  Listening to the Germanic Tribes speak German and the Romans speak Latin though is totally worth the inconvenience of subtitles.