Burden of Command Announced

Started by Mad Russian, June 30, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 14, 2024, 11:51:03 AMMajor announcement would actually be a release date:)

First announcement 7 years ago so hopefully at some point.

That was the first announcement *here* - work had already been going on for some time before that.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on June 17, 2022, 08:52:18 AM
Quote from: Mad Russian on June 30, 2017, 09:49:05 AMBurden of Command (BoC)was announced today.

AIUI the traditional gift for a five year anniversary is wood.

Wool and/or copper are apparently appropriate for the 7th anniversary. I shall return on June 30th to show off my hand-knitted penny cozies.

Tripoli

"Squad Leader meets Band of Brothers": The inspirations behind "Burden of Command"

There's a little nugget buried in the comments section of the video: This summer we will announce our release window ....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Unless the release window is 2025-2030:)

Michael Dorosh

Looks like some movement in advance of the June 30 anniversary. Beta Testing for Phase 3 has commenced.

I don't know what that means, but it sounds good. How many phases are there?

Also, what is a phase?

Tripoli

For those who are interested in a bit of BoC gameplay and how it relates to WWII tactics, our fearless leader Luke made a 17 minute Youtube video on the tactical game play, titled:

Is Burden of Command Tactically Credible?-

Tripoli

Here is a 7 minute video done by the Luke Hughes, the Project Lead discussing how the BoC team is striving to make the game historically credible and engaging:

Sir Slash

I can see myself being Court Marshalled about 2 missions in. Maybe 3.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 13, 2024, 09:45:24 PMI can see myself being Court Marshalled about 2 missions in. Maybe 3.

Naw, you will still be in the tutorials then.  We don't bring in court martials until after TORCH..... :evil:

Sir Slash

There's not a Tutorial alive that I can't lose.  :doh: