Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: airboy on September 04, 2020, 09:02:32 AM
Quote from: WYBaugh on September 03, 2020, 01:09:04 PM
I should probably be very embarrassed to say, but I completed the story mode on Dragon Quest Builders 2.  It was 70 hours and quite enjoyable.  The building part is very fun, the combat, not so much.

Glad you had fun.

WYB....any completed/finished game is an accomplishment worthy of praise.  Congrats.

airboy

I finished Erik2's Germany 1939-1940 campaign for Order of Battle WW2 and saved the core force.

Onto Germany 1941 East campaign which I just downloaded & installed.

FarAway Sooner

It ain't so much, but I just won my first game of Legion Wars: Hero Age.

It's curious, because (as was discussed here in the thread on the game), the characters have a very cartoonish/anime style that is indicative of a game developed in SE Asia.  The game, however, seems quite deep.  It's listed as being in "Early Access", but seems feature-complete and absolutely bug-free.

It's NOT a super-deep game, but it's a tight little beer and pretzels fantasy title if you want to mash up on a buddy halfway across the country in a couple hours of turn-based play.

airboy

Congrats!  A completion is a completion!   :bd:

Gusington

Just finished Outlast, took me about 9 hours. Definitely one of the more frightening games I have played and I am actually surprised I did not quit in fear or in frustration with some of the puzzles. Something about the game kept me coming back, I think it is the exploration aspect of it...I wanted to see more of the game's settings and learn more about the totally f'd up story. The final ending scene pissed me off a bit...those who have played it will know what I mean.

So now what...Outlast Whistleblower (prologue to the original game released as DLC)? Outlast 2? Or something completely different?

<:-)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Gus, or the finish at least. Sounds like an interesting game, though 9 hours is kind of short isn't it?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Rayfer

Gusington

Thanks guys! Nine hours is actually longer than the average for most players with Outlast, which is 5-7 hours...I am just aging and was never very good at these games to begin with. The Outlast games are pretty short - under 10 hours for both games and under 3 hours for the first game's DLC. I would guess that is because they are extremely intense and scary, in spots.

Looking at the Steam achievements, I see only about 18% of people who start the game actually finish it. I can understand why.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

5-7 Hours? Wow.  :wow:  I guess if it's good stuff it's worth it. But still, I've had marriages that lasted longer than that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

It felt longer...because of the cold sweat and sheer terror. I loved it!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Congrats Gus.  Must feel even better knowing you finished a game genre that normally you're not good at. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Well it's debatable whether I am good at horror games or not - can a player be good at a game while crapping himself?

Surprisingly, NecroVision: Lost Battalion, despite being 10 years old, cheesy and campy, can still serve up some scares as well.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd