Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by Jarhead0331, December 09, 2013, 06:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Its like Spore fused with NMS. Pretty nifty!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

88mmkwk

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 17, 2021, 11:25:33 AM
Pretty cool update hit today - Companions

https://www.nomanssky.com/companions-update/

Watched the video and one thing that really stood out is the realistic running movements.  Why oh why do so many wargames (looking at you Graviteam and Battlefront!) have this "fakey" running or walking thing going on where the distance characters move is completely disjointed from how many steps they take?  It's something I find quite annoying and No Many's Sky has figured out how to do it right and I wonder why our wargames can't enjoy the same.....  :(
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Zulu1966

Quote from: 88mmkwk on February 17, 2021, 05:35:18 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 17, 2021, 11:25:33 AM
Pretty cool update hit today - Companions

https://www.nomanssky.com/companions-update/

Watched the video and one thing that really stood out is the realistic running movements.  Why oh why do so many wargames (looking at you Graviteam and Battlefront!) have this "fakey" running or walking thing going on where the distance characters move is completely disjointed from how many steps they take?  It's something I find quite annoying and No Many's Sky has figured out how to do it right and I wonder why our wargames can't enjoy the same.....  :(

Money. Thats probably motion capture done professionally in a studio. Doubt BF or graviteams budget stretches to that. We are lucky to have what we have,.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.