Ligny 3:30 pm June 16

Started by MengJiao, November 23, 2021, 07:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Well...semihistorically, the Prussians just routed in an impressive fashion (This is the Hexasim Ligny, 200 meters to the hex, half-hour turns...as in 2 activations an hour, but not too complex tactically):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 23, 2021, 07:03:49 PM

Well...semihistorically, the Prussians just routed in an impressive fashion (This is the Hexasim Ligny, 200 meters to the hex, half-hour turns...as in 2 activations an hour, but not too complex tactically):

The Prussians counterattacked (this caused a lot more routing on both sides, but the Prussians are hanging on for the moment) BUT the Imperial Guard (though nobody has managed to reset thier orders her in turn 2) is going to secure its hold on the Chateau with taking the outskirts of Ligny:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 24, 2021, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 23, 2021, 07:03:49 PM

The Prussians counterattacked (this caused a lot more routing on both sides, but the Prussians are hanging on for the moment) BUT the Imperial Guard (though nobody has managed to reset thier orders her in turn 2) is going to secure its hold on the Chateau with taking the outskirts of Ligny:

About 6 pm...III Corps comes out of the trees (always something of a shock to the French).  But (since for some reason I'm more confident about the French at Ligny than usual), Napoleon is using his special command stuff to bring up his last reserve: the heavy cavarly (ie cavalry) of Milhaud's corps...so maybe the French will do okay after all:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 25, 2021, 08:05:48 AM

About 6 pm...III Corps comes out of the trees (always something of a shock to the French).  But (since for some reason I'm more confident about the French at Ligny than usual), Napoleon is using his special command stuff to bring up his last reserve: the heavy cavarly (ie cavalry) of Milhaud's corps...so maybe the French will do okay after all:

By 7pm III Corps is running out of steam and the Guard is shifting around and firing a lot of artillery.  However, the Prussians are pulling themselves together and have had some lucky rolls:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 28, 2021, 08:45:57 AM

By 7pm III Corps is running out of steam and the Guard is shifting around and firing a lot of artillery.  However, the Prussians are pulling themselves together and have had some lucky rolls:

And at 8pm the Imperial Guard seems to be blasting its way to a belated victory (again, all too historically accurate):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 02, 2021, 02:59:25 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 28, 2021, 08:45:57 AM

And at 8pm the Imperial Guard seems to be blasting its way to a belated victory (again, all too historically accurate):

And yet its a close win for the Prussians, I think because I switched some cavalry to the Left while Napoleon (correctly) kept them all on the right and won a close victory.

I'm going to run it again, but with possibly more corps turning up for each side (as could have happened historically)