Floating up the Hudson

Started by Philippe, March 18, 2024, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

My girlfriend looked out the window one morning last week and was surprised to see this:

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

Headed for the air museum on the dock?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

There is a lot of interesting aviation traffic along the Hudson corridor, but admittedly, most of it is in the air.  My wife, before we were married, lived in the Shipyard in Hoboken. I used to love sitting on her balcony and watch the aircraft fly by. You never know what you might spy.  I've seen everything from Cobras (I guess they were technically Vipers) to Ospreys to Hornets.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Con

Quote from: Philippe on March 18, 2024, 12:34:34 PMMy girlfriend looked out the window one morning last week and was surprised to see this:

Did Sully land that thing?

Philippe

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 18, 2024, 01:07:16 PMHeaded for the air museum on the dock?

Being towed to the Intrepid museum.

Gusington

Up here in semi-rural NY there is a lot of interesting airplane traffic from Stewart AFB as well as helicopter traffic from West Point and even Camp Smith, mostly over the Hudson as well. I can see a big swathe of the river from my office window. Always a great view, no matter the time of year.

In colder winters there is Coast Guard ice breaker traffic as well, but not since 2021 I don't think.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

That thing flew over the 125th anniversary reenactment of 1st Manassas back in 1986 and my buddy Ron jumped out of formation, pointed at it and yelled "RODAN!!!" and ran off into the woods.

em2nought

The one & only time I visited the Twin Towers, my most vivid memory is of looking down and seeing a small plane flying over the Hudson.  Seemed really strange to look down from a building and see an aircraft flying.
Stolen elections have consequences.

joram

Philippe

From a little below 14th Street..