Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Yea, I don't think there is.....maybe JD has another version of the game  :2funny:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

My version is...

Mission 1: HAHA!  Eight Heavy Mechs destroyed, minor structure to my Jagermech!

Mission 2:  Look, a light Lance of Locusts and Jenners.....wait.... Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot.  Mission failure, 100% KIA.

Salvaging Heavies does lower the difficulty a bit though.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Looking at some other posts, people seem to imply no difficulty settings...instead difficulty is determined by which contracts you take.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 02, 2018, 07:27:12 PM
Looking at some other posts, people seem to imply no difficulty settings...instead difficulty is determined by which contracts you take.

More or less.  Some of the contract difficulties are either overstated or understated. 

I've found difficulty to be a mix of contracts and what Mechs you bring.  Having any good brawler with an AC20 makes things easier.  Having two is nuts.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Barthheart

First patch released tonight...

QuoteLIVE - BATTLETECH 1.0.1 Release Notes (Updated)
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! We appreciate your patience and support as our team works to quickly investigate and address reported issues with the game. Release 1.0.1 is now available for all users on Steam and GOG. It will be available for Paradox Launcher and other platforms on 5/3/2018. Note that we are aware of and continuing to investigate OS-specific video player issues and hardware-specific GPU issues that a small number of users are experiencing.

If you experience any issues after pulling this update, the first step we recommend is to restart your computer, and then verify integrity of game files. Occasionally the Steam update process can act weird - this will ensure that the update has been properly applied.

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Release 1.0.1 Notes, 5/2/2018
Trial fix for an issue where save games could sometimes fail to appear upon re-launching the game.

Trial fix for some occasional crashes when loading back into the sim-game scene.

We now immediately apply changes to the windowed mode and fullscreen monitor selection settings.

Added the ability to change the Callsign associated with your multiplayer profile.

Fixed issues with the Vsync setting sometimes not applying correctly.

Setting Vsync to be ON by default.

Capping framerate at 120 when Vsync is OFF.

Fixed an issue where redeeming a valid unlock code could cause a long loading screen.

Fixed an issue where 'Mech model variants unlocked using an access code could be seen clipping through other Argo UI screens, after selecting the unlocked 'Mech in the Mech Bay.

Fixed minor graphical issues with the pre-order Shadow Hawk Umbra skin.

Fixed an issue where enemy AI could sometimes act slowly during Defend Base contracts.

Improved loading sequence stability when alt-tabbed.

Support for non-standard Steam install directories (directory paths with special characters like "=" in them.)

Removing debug F6 pilot-injury hotkey.

Adding version number display to the Main Menu.

Adding protections for errors in the GOG Galaxy client when playing through GOG.

Making DirectX 11 a required component in Steam and GOG installers.

Yskonyn

Newsletter is out!
Launch was a big succes! And now they will focus on post launch support.
Bug fixes and quality of life improvements as well as free content additions are inbound.
There is also mention of one or two larger paid expansions.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: CptHowdy on May 02, 2018, 01:28:02 PM
where is this difficulty setting located?

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 02, 2018, 05:35:00 PM
i thought i read articles where it was stated no difficulty settings included within the game so will be interesting to hear if that was not true.

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 02, 2018, 06:22:58 PM
I haven't seen any difficulty settings.

Quote from: acctingman on May 02, 2018, 06:48:09 PM
Yea, I don't think there is.....maybe JD has another version of the game  :2funny:

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 02, 2018, 07:27:12 PM

Well...shit. I can't find it.

What ****ing game did I play where I.....oh, I remember - God of War.

Sorry - please don't ever listen to anything I say again  :-[
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 02, 2018, 07:45:30 PM
Some of the contract difficulties are either overstated or understated. 
That was a bit annoying. My guy found a contract outside the "regular avenues". He mentioned she's rich...blah, blah, blah. When I went to look at contracts, that mission had a full skull and offered 33,000. There were 3 other contracts on there...all 1/2 a skull and they offered over 100,000!
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 03, 2018, 01:01:55 AM

That was a bit annoying. My guy found a contract outside the "regular avenues". He mentioned she's rich...blah, blah, blah. When I went to look at contracts, that mission had a full skull and offered 33,000. There were 3 other contracts on there...all 1/2 a skull and they offered over 100,000!

Life of a Merc.  The new Kickstarter update promised contracts where your employer lies to you.

Yeah, translation, Liao and Kurita will lie to to you.   Good luck.

Outside that, yeah, ignore skulls, instead look at payout.  A 1/2 skull difficulty with a 500,000k payout should give you a hint that your employer is fudging a bit,

JudgeDredd

You say that - but my last 1/2 skull mission was for 180k and I tipped up and only had to take out 4 AFVs

Given how difficult people are saying it is to stay solvent, seems a tad harsh to put in rogue "non payment" missions  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

^Should we listen to that?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

bboyer66

Remember that while the money is all great and stuff. You should make most of your money off of salvaging and rebuilding mechs.Then selling them in a friendly world for profit. Made 4 million last night selling mechs that were just taking up space in storage.

Also, I actually withdrew from a mission last night. Was getting flanked, and even if I wound up winning the mission, I would have been beaten up pretty bad. So I lost some credibility with the mercenary guild, or whoever the hell they are. No big deal as the next mission was very easy, and successful.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 03, 2018, 06:28:34 AM
^Should we listen to that?
Of course not. What did I just say literally 7 posts ago?  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath