Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Beware downloading the 1.03 Beta.  After opting in, time progression stalled on a financial report, and it just stuck and done.  After that, no time based progress on anything would progress, including repairs, refits and healing.  Campaign is broken for me until a fix is in.  Saw a few reports on the Paradox forums that indicate I'm not alone.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

Seems to be hit or miss.  Time progression is still working for me but I have had a few lock ups occur during battles when the melee animations try to load.

Capn Darwin

I'm on 1.0.3 beta from 1.0.2 without an issue. Did you run a verify on your files?
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Capn Darwin on May 13, 2018, 10:19:04 PM
I'm on 1.0.3 beta from 1.0.2 without an issue. Did you run a verify on your files?

Doing it now.  It wasn't having an issue most of the day.  It happened very suddenly, and now I can't seem to roll it back.  Going back to previous saves it'll still do it. 

I'd just cleared off all my pre 1.03 saves.  Guess that was a mistake or I could just roll back.  Might be a show stopper till it's fixed. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

I finally attempted and beat the ammo dump mission. I used the extreme right of the battlefield which was a very good elevated position with a large boulder for cover, but with room to maneuver, as well. I ended up surviving relatively unscathed. The heaviest mechs I had to deal with were a dragon and griffon. Everything else was 35 tons or less.

The dragon is intimidating when you see one on the field, but my experience fighting against it is that it's really a pussy cat. It can soak up a lot more damage than it can actually deal out. There are much lighter, but more dangerous mechs out there.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

How many different mech models are represented in the game?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on May 14, 2018, 06:43:16 AM
How many different mech models are represented in the game?

Buy the damn game!

Gusington

I did...pre-ordered, even. Just haven't got there yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Capn Darwin

I think some people are having problems due to either missing or corrupted support library files, 3rd party programs running in the background (one guy traced his problem to a Nicon camera app he was running), and drivers. Certain AV programs may be causing problems too. I hope you get it figured out.

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 13, 2018, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: Capn Darwin on May 13, 2018, 10:19:04 PM

Doing it now.  It wasn't having an issue most of the day.  It happened very suddenly, and now I can't seem to roll it back.  Going back to previous saves it'll still do it. 

I'd just cleared off all my pre 1.03 saves.  Guess that was a mistake or I could just roll back.  Might be a show stopper till it's fixed.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Jarhead0331

The patch notes didn't seem worth the risk to my campaign. I'll update once the patch has been fully tested and it goes live.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

For Gus:

LIGHT
Locust
Commando
Spider
Firestarter
Jenner
Panther
Urbanmech
MEDIUM
Cicada
Blackjack
Vindicator
Centurion
Enforcer
Hunchback
Trebuchet
Griffin
Kintaro
Shadowhawk
Wolverine
HEAVY
Dragon
Quickdraw
Catapult
JagerMech
Thunderbolt
Grasshopper
Orion
Cataphract
Black Knight
ASSAULT
Awesome
Victor
Zeus
BattleMaster
Stalker
Highlander
Banshee
King Crab
Atlas

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

^Thanks Flick and Geezer!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Capn Darwin on May 14, 2018, 07:16:15 AM
I think some people are having problems due to either missing or corrupted support library files, 3rd party programs running in the background (one guy traced his problem to a Nicon camera app he was running), and drivers. Certain AV programs may be causing problems too. I hope you get it figured out.

Unfortunately validation and a reinstall didn't do anything.  I did have one surviving post 1.0.3 save that went back far enough that it wasn't happening, but in every one after that, the financial report doesn't pop and the time progression stops.

There are more bug report threads on it popping up on the Paradox site, sadly not all consolidated in the same place, but I put my report in.  Looks like they have a few save games to look at. 

I really hope HBS has a look at this one.  It seems to be something that started with 1.0.3, and if they send it up live with this in there, a lot more people are going to hit it, and it's a showstopper.

SirAndrewD

Well, 1.0.3 went live today, with the Financial Report time stop bug intact.  Doesn't look like HBS acknowledged the threads on the Paradox boards.  Starting to see a few people getting upset on some other forums.