Europa Universalis V - havent seen a thread yet

Started by undercovergeek, May 18, 2024, 07:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

I may have missed it and if so please delete or merge, im sure someone here would have seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoTu4ftlak&t=145s

This is an ex paradox community manager who i follow for my Aurora 4x advice, and he has a couple of discussions on the upcoming EUV - which despite the first discussion has gone way past rumour and into actual dev logs

al_infierno

Hard to believe EUIV was 11 years ago.  I've pretty much checked out of Paradox titles completely after the mess that was Vicky 3, though I won't be surprised if I end up caving and buying EUV at some point anyways...  :HideEyes:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Skoop

It seems the paradox games need to sit for a year, then get better after a couple DLCs.  I hear vicky3 is a lot better now.