Battle of the Bulge - HFC tour report!

Started by Grimnirsson, July 17, 2013, 11:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimnirsson

Fellow GrogHeads,

we are back from our recent Battlefield tour, this time in the famous Battle of the Bulge area, so here's a new HFC report with many pics - hope you enjoy it :)

http://wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/hfc-on-tour-battle-of-the-bulge-bastogne-and-the-ardennes-ii/
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Excellent review of your tour!!  I have shared the link with my colleagues who are interested in the battle.  My work mate's last name is McAuliffe and I always tease him about his role during the siege of Bastogne.   ;D

He and his father actually toured the battlefield locations last summer and of course Bastogne was one of their stops.  I'll have to ask him what he thinks of your review.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

Hi my friend,

you are a fast reader it seems :P

Thanks for reading and sharing, sure share it with interested folks - the more readers we have the better because it takes some time to prepare these tour reports, so we are always glad if folks enjoy what we have on our website :)

If some of them are on Facebook, here's the Fb HFC page: https://www.facebook.com/HomefrontWargameCenter
Makes it easy to get info when something new is up.

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Indeed I am but I skimmed through before posting here.  After I sent my friend the link I read through the article in detail.  (I'm bored here at work and this was a nice distraction!)

My friend told me that he visited many of the same spots you toured.  I'm planning on meeting him and some others after work tonight for some beer so I will ask him more about it then.

I will definitely share your Facebook link as well as the main page with my friends who might be interested.  There are many out there who do appreciate the fine work you do at HFC.  I just wish that life allowed more time to actually try out some of the games you review as well as visit the places you go to.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

This was a great read.  I shared it on GH's FB page, and then from there shared it on my own and tagged a bunch of friends.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grimnirsson

www.homefrontcenter.de

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grimnirsson

Thank you Command

QuoteGood stuff Grimnirsson!

Written by Hiimori :)

www.homefrontcenter.de