2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 10, 2017, 07:34:01 PM
Was that YOU driving down my street Andrew? You ran-over one of my plastic flamingoes!

Probably.  If they're the kind that have little red sweaters with an A stenciled on them, I tend to take aim.   O:-)
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MetalDog

Awwww, that's harsh.  I knew Airboy had reason to pull for the wrong side, I didn't know there were two of you.  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 10, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
Quote from: airboy on January 10, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 10, 2017, 06:35:24 PM
Ah the day after a Bama bowl loss in Alabama. 

Time to drive down the street and gawk at all the broken flat screens left on the curb.

Not in Auburn.

Don't have to tell me.  I'm an Auburn grad.   ;)

War Eagle! :bd:

Sir Slash

My flamingoes were non-partisan yard ornaments. You college kids-- don't you EVER grow-up?  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2017, 11:11:19 PM
Awwww, that's harsh.  I knew Airboy had reason to pull for the wrong side, I didn't know there were two of you.  ;)

We're like bad pennies.

Quote from: airboy on January 11, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
War Eagle! :bd:

War Eagle!

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 11, 2017, 03:54:14 PM
My flamingoes were non-partisan yard ornaments. You college kids-- don't you EVER grow-up?  >:(

Grow up? I genuinely try not to.

I learned when I moved to Alabama in '89 that there was no such thing as being non-partisan here anyway.  When I tried to stay "undeclared" and insist I was a pro fan, I was met with outright hostility by Bama fans.  Seeing my across the street Alabama fan neighbors set fire to a lawn chair and kick in a TV in the aftermath of my first in state Iron Bowl sort of made me an Auburn fan for life. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Here in Florida it's not so bad. Every time the Gators play we all turn our TV sets to face north towards Gainesville. If they win, we turn them back to whatever direction they were facing before the game. If they lose,..... pretty much the same thing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 11, 2017, 04:57:07 PM
I learned when I moved to Alabama in '89 that there was no such thing as being non-partisan here anyway.  When I tried to stay "undeclared" and insist I was a pro fan, I was met with outright hostility by Bama fans.  Seeing my across the street Alabama fan neighbors set fire to a lawn chair and kick in a TV in the aftermath of my first in state Iron Bowl sort of made me an Auburn fan for life.

You should troll them all and put Ole Miss signs in their yards.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Sounds like we could lose a lot of lawn chairs that way.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 12, 2017, 02:57:22 PM
good article about Cowboys' linebacker Sean Lee

https://theringer.com/sean-lee-dallas-cowboys-nfl-playoffs-1535382a0ef9#.oay2htqzg

Thanks for this.  Great article.  Always felt if his body could stand up to it that he'd be one of the best LB's in the game.  His Finish this Fight playoff video is pretty inspirational as well.

If Jaylon Smith fully recovers from that ghastly injury he had in College, a healthy Lee and Smith could be one of the best line backing duos of all time.

bayonetbrant

How do you know when your relocation to LA is a bad idea?

When other sports franchises start tolling you on Twitter

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-teams-trolling-the-chargers-20170112-htmlstory.html

BanzaiCat

^ Tried to read, couldn't because it kept popping up loud, obnoxious ads. Still I get the gist. I didn't know the Chargers moved to LA, too. Now they have two suck ass football teams!  <:-)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 13, 2017, 08:27:20 AM
^ Tried to read, couldn't because it kept popping up loud, obnoxious ads. Still I get the gist. I didn't know the Chargers moved to LA, too. Now they have two suck ass football teams!  <:-)

The Chargers move to a city with no fan base for them and a local populace that doesn't want them, and at the same time manage to alienate their prior fan base in the process. 

I guess Spanos is counting on the ticket sales in his new stadium coming from traveling visitors.