The Houthi Thing

Started by MengJiao, January 12, 2024, 07:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I'm rather pleased with strikes the US has taken over the last few days.
80+ targets hit within 30 minutes is groovy.  :cool:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

90's soft rock humor...

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 05, 2024, 12:07:28 AMI'm rather pleased with strikes the US has taken over the last few days.
80+ targets hit within 30 minutes is groovy.  :cool:

The Houthis just can't get a break.  After(what?) 20 years of doing whatever it is that they do (big green signs that say essentially "no quarter" etc. etc.) they finally stumble into an actual confrontation with real firepower and it looks like all they have left to play is the "humanitarian" card where they say that 17 actual Houthis have actually been killed.  Are they running out of missiles like everybody else on the planet?  Has Iran suggested they kind of cut down on the random missile firing thing?
   At least I can understand their problem sort of: they want to be big big big but they are running out of missiles like everybody else on the planet.

GDS_Starfury

fuck around and find out

:intrepidphasers:

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 11, 2024, 12:13:13 PMfuck around and find out

:intrepidphasers:

And yesterday they seem to have hit a shipload of grain going to Iran, which seems inept.  Fortunately for
all involved, the two missile hits on the grain ship didn't do much damage.  Maybe it was a subtle message to
somebody?  Like give us better missiles so we can really sink some serious food heading for our missile supplier?
Not the kind of subtle message anyone likes to have to add to the list of inept things to do, maybe?

GDS_Starfury

for Valentines Day

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 14, 2024, 05:31:03 PMfor Valentines Day

Apparently, the Houthis have now shot down a total of 3 US drones.

GDS_Starfury

thats why they're unmanned. 
and after they were shot down what happened to the launch site?

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 20, 2024, 07:06:43 PMthats why they're unmanned. 

Well...they don't shoot them down very often.  One in 2019.  One last June and one now. 
It's not like it's a new thing.  Which sort of brings up the question: what do the Houthis get
out of this kind of loose-loose warfare?  It's not even asymmetrical; they can't actually
gain any real benefit that I can see.

GDS_Starfury

W8taminute

Quote from: MengJiao on February 20, 2024, 08:02:46 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 20, 2024, 07:06:43 PMthats why they're unmanned. 

Well...they don't shoot them down very often.  One in 2019.  One last June and one now. 
It's not like it's a new thing.  Which sort of brings up the question: what do the Houthis get
out of this kind of loose-loose warfare?  It's not even asymmetrical; they can't actually

Disruption of shipping on a heavily traveled route.  Then it can be used as a pretext for even greater inflation than we're seeing now.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

MikeGER

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on February 20, 2024, 08:06:41 PM

Disruption of shipping on a heavily traveled route.  Then it can be used as a pretext for even greater inflation than we're seeing now.

Why would the Houthis care about inflation?

Windigo

Quote from: W8taminute on February 20, 2024, 08:06:41 PM

a pretext indeed... shipping cost went bat-shit crazy during covid and they have only come down a bit since... any pretext is a good pretext if it can be used to increase profits
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.