The Book of Boba Fett

Started by Jarhead0331, November 01, 2021, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I've got to watch Rebels, I love the animation style and that above duel with Maul is epic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

you should.  the "its for kids" bs wears off pretty quick, same for Clone Wars.  The Mortis Arc in Clone Wars would have been a far better prequel then what we got.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2021, 05:33:55 PM
for Jarhead, the only true samurai battle in all of Star Wars:

Obi vs Maul Rebels season 4

while Maul was almost a throw away villian in the phantom menace he is truly fleshed out and becomes one of the most interesting characters in the franchise.  most of the new shows are going to draw heavily on the animated storied as they are under the control and direction of the same person.

So does the animated series depart from events of the movies, or do they just take place prior to the events of the movies?

I've watch some of the Clone Wars series, but only one or two of the seasons. I've heard it gets much much better.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

the series ties all of the loose end together and adds a shit ton of story and context that the movies could never possibly deliver.
the standout character is Ahsoka Tano!
if you want to give your daughters a positive can do role model... shes amongst the gold standards.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

So does the animated series depart from events of the movies, or do they just take place prior to the events of the movies?

no, its all very well tied together.

al_infierno

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 02, 2021, 11:22:41 PM

no, its all very well tied together.

I don't think you answered his question.  My confusion is the fact that Maul dies at the end of Ep 1.  So does the animated series simply take place before Ep 1?  Or does it work with a new timeline?

The one problem with the former is that by making a prequel for a dead character, you eliminate all tension about how and when they will die, since you've already seen their death.  You know they're guaranteed to survive any life threatening situation by virtue of the fact that they need to be alive for a movie that's already been written, produced, and released.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Maul actually showed up in the Solo film as well, which in the timeline is after episode 1.  Between that an the animated series, it basically meant maul didn't actually die and survived the battle in episode 1.

GDS_Starfury

Maul doesnt die in episode one.  how he lives and what he becomes is one of the central thread of the animated series.
in the overall timeline of the movies The Clone Wars tv show takes place between episode 2 and 3 and covers roughly 4 years of story.
the seventh season ends just as the third movie takes place.  all very nice and neat.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The wookie enforcer in Ep 2 was pretty badass looking.

The whole Dances with Sand People storyline was kinda meh though.

GDS_Starfury

I thought it was an awesome episode.  even the dance at the end as it was Boba's final entry into the Tuskin clan.
I liked the way they used the Tuskins fighting style to introduce Boba's Samoan style.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 03, 2021, 09:36:33 AM
Maul doesnt die in episode one. 

Yeah, Maul survives getting cut in half and he's pretty danged salty about it. 

I was initially SUPER against that story beat.  But the way Clone Wars and Rebels handled it, Maul went from just a random baddie that gets killed off quickly to one of the most fleshed out and interesting Sith Characters in the canon. 

Obi Wan pretty much becomes Maul's White Whale for defeating him and costing him is place at Palpatine's side.  It ends with the above, super epic Samurai Duel that takes place when Luke is a child. 

It was a really great "the bad guy didn't really die" storyline.  Boba's non-death is looking like it's doing a pretty great follow up too. 

I really never liked Boba as a character (if he could even be called one) prior to Mandalorian and this show.  He's now becoming a favorite.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

acctingman

This is all I have to say about the Book of Boba Fett

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yeah, another great episode of Breaking Boba.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

The Bad Batch is also worth watching, though I'd start with with the Clone Wars series first. In both of those series (and to a lesser extent Rebels) the Old Republic (and briefly imperial) Clone troopers are extensively explored as individual entities with character and depth in a Band of Brother/Platoon way that completely change how you see them.

And in later episodes there are some priceless cracks by Clone Trooper Rex about the non-clone replacement conscript stormtroopers' skills and their armor.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys