October 1, 1756: Lobositz: 6 am at the Winery

Started by MengJiao, January 10, 2023, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Bevern's brigade is advancing through the vineyards to drive back the Croats and Grenadiers.  Kleist is advancing against the Austrian artillery.  The mist is lifting slowly:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 10, 2023, 04:44:33 PMBevern's brigade is advancing through the vineyards to drive back the Croats and Grenadiers.  Kleist is advancing against the Austrian artillery. 

Close to 7am.  The Austrians are counter-attacking.  There was a pause in the action while I went looking for
proper skirmish counters.  They had mostly vanished when the battle of Chotusiwitz was packed up before Christmas.  But some smoke-blasted battlefield Santa found them in time.  Skirmishers are pretty rare in the Seven-years war but they were crucial at Lobositz where even the Austrian grenadiers went skirmishing:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 21, 2023, 07:56:37 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 10, 2023, 04:44:33 PMBevern's brigade is advancing through the vineyards to drive back the Croats and Grenadiers.  Kleist is advancing against the Austrian artillery. 

Close to 7am.  The Austrians are counter-attacking.  There was a pause in the action while I went looking for
proper skirmish counters.  They had mostly vanished when the battle of Chotusiwitz was packed up before Christmas.  But some smoke-blasted battlefield Santa found them in time.  Skirmishers are pretty rare in the Seven-years war but they were crucial at Lobositz where even the Austrian grenadiers went skirmishing:

But the Prussians push on.  The Austrians gamble and commit more troops (now that I think about it
that's what happened historically...though now I see why)...looks like a technical win is coming for
the Prussians (again as historically, though for different reasons it looks like):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 22, 2023, 07:58:03 AMBut the Prussians push on.  The Austrians gamble and commit more troops (now that I think about it
that's what happened historically...though now I see why)...looks like a technical win is coming for
the Prussians (again as historically, though for different reasons it looks like):

I read up on what the Austrians did to disengage and while I was trying to rescue Kollorat's brigade in
Sullowitz, things began to go sideways for the Prussians.  A series of wierd die-rolls resulted in
Lucchese being Killed and the Prussian center being neutralized while disaster struck for the Prussians around
Sullowitz.  I'm declaring a technical victory for the Austrians (after all in the real battle Frederick
did the same and retired from the battle).  If I play Lobositz again, I'm putting on the extension of the map
to the south since that could save the Prussians around Sullowitz.