Homeworld 3 Trailer

Started by Destraex, December 09, 2021, 10:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Paging Dr. Fury...Dr. Starfury...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2023, 03:59:07 PMPaging Dr. Fury...Dr. Starfury...

He is having a love meet-up with Two-Ounces somewhere on the east coast
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Yep. Watch for enemy spoilers (star wars: Watch for enemy fighters voice).
Given that Blackbird Interactive is a western studio, I am guessing that the new story will be a little bit of a mix, perhaps even so progressive as to be unrelatable to the core audience, sci-fi wargamers that like big starships with big effing guns. Like the movie Napoleon, I am not expecting much and imagine I will probably be disappointed. I like to be negative about these things so that I am not disappointed at the box office.

Hopefully the 4 day week has made them "more productive".
https://blackbirdinteractive.com/4dww/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

After careful analysis of feedback, we made the decision to delay the global launch of Homeworld 3 until May 13, with advanced access set for May 10.

Grim.Reaper

Not too surprising, guess will see if they make even that date...think been the 4th delay.  Originally planned for 2022, then 2023, then Feb 2024, then March 8th and now may.

SirAndrewD

The demo went over as well as a lead fart in a windstorm so not too surprising.

They probably knew it was coming even before that though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Smacks of a publisher pushing a product out early perhaps. But generally I get the feeling that the dev team has a lot of art degrees and not too much qualification in the more logical fields. Because the whole thing seemed chaotic and messy. The nod we got to rts mechanics were spam skill buttons rather than new game mechanics and ships that made sense. Classic features like ship modules and good turret placement disappear. My example of this is the suppression frigate which is supposed to be anti fighter but not only has horribly placed turrets, but they are fixed forward firing.
Another example is the laziness of turning harvester units into a unit you must buy as a resource controller with 3 harvesters. This unit gets built by the carrier and then huperspaces in, wth? This makes no sense and makes me think not that I am alone in space harvesting resources and using those resources inside my capital ships to construct things, but that I have supporting factories somewhere near.
I know it's homeworld not nebulous fleet command but a dose of common sense for the fleet would be great.
I really think the story and art is all that are important to the devs. The rts part is just context. They think this game is a movie that people watch rather than play.
I also suspect the control scheme is made with console hopes.
I don't think a few months delay will matter, like company of heroes 3, I thought homeworld3 was already delayed?
I wonder if the devs will now be ditching their 4 day work week?

Windigo

Normally I am an all-in guy with anything HW.... buuuut, this is giving me pause.

CaptainKoloth

Maybe a minor or petty thing but I found the camera controls in the demo to be really baffling. I kept wondering why they don't use the super-simple and functuonal system that Sins of a Solar Empire (for example) uses.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on February 10, 2024, 06:28:49 PMMaybe a minor or petty thing but I found the camera controls in the demo to be really baffling. I kept wondering why they don't use the super-simple and functuonal system that Sins of a Solar Empire (for example) uses.

Judging by the response on Steam forums and YouTube reviews your complaint is pretty much universal.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mbar

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on February 10, 2024, 06:28:49 PMMaybe a minor or petty thing but I found the camera controls in the demo to be really baffling. I kept wondering why they don't use the super-simple and functuonal system that Sins of a Solar Empire (for example) uses.

Exactly! I was expecting a modernized control system but they seemed to go backward instead.

Destraex

What's even more baffling is people are saying the pre-order bundle focuses on the demo modes wargame mode or whatever it was called. They seem to be focussed on those artifact board game random power up cards. It's a brave new world. I expected more immersion not less.

Windigo

That is the strength of the HW experience, the crazy high level of immersion. You are all in to save those people from those murderous enemy bastards. You become a fanatic.

So disappointing to hear they are making choices to make it less immersive.