Jarhead - Do you have war of rights?

Started by Destraex, December 02, 2017, 09:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2022, 09:24:28 AM

i think it is still available on Steam. Wonder how it has held up over time.
Unfortunately it was delisted from Steam a little over a year ago.  It's no longer available at all digitally, so the only option to revisit it would appear to be tracking down a physical copy.  It was released on disc for PC and Xbox 360.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sigwolf on December 15, 2022, 09:47:51 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2022, 09:24:28 AM

i think it is still available on Steam. Wonder how it has held up over time.
Unfortunately it was delisted from Steam a little over a year ago.  It's no longer available at all digitally, so the only option to revisit it would appear to be tracking down a physical copy.  It was released on disc for PC and Xbox 360.

That is too bad. It is still in my Steam library. Maybe I'll fire it up for old time's sake?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I have given into temptation like that and been sorely disappointed in recent years. Sometimes the memories are better.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

With the Christmas sale looming you could probably get any of these game for 10bucks or lower and try them out.

Gusington

I want to try out Isonzo with bots too, but my time playing that way with Verdun and Tannenberg was limited.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

We could probably do an entire thread on the debate over bots.

I was sold on them years ago when the Napoleonic Wars mod came out for Mount & Blade Warband.

For those not initiated, the M&B WB NW mod has a "Commander Battle" MP mode that allows each player to command their own unit of about 30 Napoleonic troops. Nothing like watching your line of bots volley fire into a hussar charge; complete with smoke. Or, standing in line with your boys as you trade shots with an enemy unit; you can hear the bullets buzzing by as you stand there, against the enemy fire, awaiting your fate.

With each player commanding about 30 troops or so, M&B WB NW battles can become rather large and you can almost feel what it would have been really like.

BTW, M&B Warband Nap Wars is still going strong multi-player wise and worth the investment (particularly on sale when it usually goes for under $5). As far as I can tell, the juveniles have long left the building and the MP crowd is fun to be with. The mod is an official DLC of M&B Warband, so it is supported.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sigwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2022, 10:10:33 AM

That is too bad. It is still in my Steam library. Maybe I'll fire it up for old time's sake?
If you do, be sure to post your impressions on how well it holds up.  If it's still fun, I may look at tracking down an x360 copy.

W8taminute

There could be quite a debate about bots if someone started one.  It would probably lead to being lockdown like a hot R&P thread however.

That being said I truly understand both sides of the argument (IOW for and against bots).  Pure adrenalin junkies don't like bots because they thrive off of the challenge of facing a real human opponent, whilst lone wolfs who would rather get their jollies alone prefer to play with bots. 

I used to despise playing with real people until I found a couple of multiplayer shooters that actually do have a decent 'azzhat' free community.  Now I don't mind playing against/with real people.  I still do however love to have bots included as an option simply because there are days I just want to be left alone. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Groggy

Quote from: Destraex on December 14, 2022, 07:11:41 AM
I did a search and this was the first post that came up. Can it really be that nothing has been posted about this since 2017?

It's on steam of course rather than the original link I posted in 2017.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/424030/War_of_Rights/

Terrific screenshots. The game looks quite immersive and I'm real tempted to pick this up during the upcoming winter sale.

A couple of questions:

Do the battles have any other formation besides line? In other words, can you participate in a battle that have say skirmish formations?

Are there regiments or companies that you can join and be devoted to? Sort of like joining a clan in a multiplayer FPS shooter game.

Thanks.

''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

SirAndrewD

I still can't bring myself to get this game. 

Far too long as a reenactor doing it "for real".

That hobby ruined almost everything Civil War for me.  When I was an officer I was literally wargaming with real people and formations.  Stuff like this is kinda second rate compared to actually shouting orders to jr officers and watching formations do what I ordered.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Quote from: GroggyGrognard2022 on December 15, 2022, 09:47:54 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 14, 2022, 07:11:41 AM
I did a search and this was the first post that came up. Can it really be that nothing has been posted about this since 2017?

It's on steam of course rather than the original link I posted in 2017.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/424030/War_of_Rights/

Terrific screenshots. The game looks quite immersive and I'm real tempted to pick this up during the upcoming winter sale.

A couple of questions:

Do the battles have any other formation besides line? In other words, can you participate in a battle that have say skirmish formations?

Are there regiments or companies that you can join and be devoted to? Sort of like joining a clan in a multiplayer FPS shooter game.

Thanks.
Not sure if you can have formations other than line. I still have not tried being an officer as I have not been able to jump on when their are enough people. I am hoping to do this soon though... I might try an officer just to try the mechanics. Awww heck.... here are the keybindings for officer orders... order skirmish line is in that lot.

There are in game regiments as well as clan regiments outside the game. I think I showed them in screenshots on the previous screen. I know there are Zouaves in some games. I think they might change per map? Maybe not. Here are some from a random game I joined just then.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 15, 2022, 09:57:59 PM

That hobby ruined almost everything Civil War for me.  When I was an officer I was literally wargaming with real people and formations.  Stuff like this is kinda second rate compared to actually shouting orders to jr officers and watching formations do what I ordered.

You were a lucky man SirAndrew. I would say that computer games offer unique advantages over re-enacting. But that re-enacting also has it's own unique things that cannot be reproduced in a computer game.

People tend to talk a lot and role play when they do it in this game. So there are people. Plus they don't look as tubby as they probably would in real life :P

As an example, this picture shows a cannon that got blown over on it's side by a blast. We are a little suppressed as a result via a game mechanic.

Here is some snow for the christmas event. But I was sitting in my chair at a perfect temperature after work relaxing on a week day.

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 15, 2022, 09:57:59 PM

Really cool that you were a re-enactor.  I really have respect for those guys.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Well it's the weekend for me. Still don't think I am on at the right time but 120 players out of 400 so far on a public server. I imagine private events would be more people.