Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

:bd: Minor economic victory!  <:-)

My question now is should I immediately start a new campaign now that I have some grasp of the mechanics, or take break?

Map of Greater Croatia below.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2023, 10:03:18 PM
:bd: Minor economic victory!  <:-)

My question now is should I immediately start a new campaign now that I have some grasp of the mechanics, or take break?

Congratulations! I just had my second win with the Kingdom Advantages victory.

After completing my last campaign I spent several days away from it. It's a great game. A classic I will play in years to come, but it's a Time Vampire. Parts of the day vanish.

Gusington

It is definitely a time vampire. I'm taking a few days' break from it but I'm already thinking about which faction I will play next and how I will customize the campaign parameters. It's a nice Total War alternative.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Please delete.

Gusington

Anyone play any Muslim factions yet?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2023, 11:23:15 AM
Anyone play any Muslim factions yet?

Nope. After my English campaign I jumped in as Bohemia. I achieved a victory a few hours ago and was just about to throw in the towel when my Queen was assassinated by a Botnian spy, who was also killed in the action. Viken had just formed a defensive pact with Botnia and Poland (who I was on great terms with). I couldn't let this outrage pass, declared war on Botnia, and fought a huge war across eastern Europe, took most of Poland, signed a separate peace with Viken and Vassilzed Botnia.

Just when you try to quit, the game reels you back in...

Gusington

^Wow you have a lot of gold there, man.

Bohemia is on my short list to play after I try a Muslim kingdom.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2023, 01:33:31 PM
^Wow you have a lot of gold there, man.

Bohemia is on my short list to play after I try a Muslim kingdom.

Vassals are providing two thirds of that income. Aragon alone gives over 500 gold.

Gusington

I think you have the financial game figured out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2023, 01:43:59 PM
I think you have the financial game figured out.

Population = Gold. Grow your population. Do trade. Expand trade. When an enemy is close to defeat, sign a peace, keep the land you took but Vasselize them = steady income.

The most important method of helping you decide what are the most effective things to build in a province is to choose your developments based on the province's settlements, features and natural resorces (see pic ). This is really important to maximizing your output of gold, food, levy size etc.

If your province has 1 or more farmlands, build food-producing developments.
1 or more villages, means more population. Consider Markets or Housings, or both.
Build Barracks if the province has good Levy size then pick buildings that increase that Levy size, and so on.

Match your buildings to the province's strengths, and you can't go wrong.

Gusington

^Yeah I began matching my buildings to my available natural resources [finally] in the last game. What difficulty are you playing on? Do you start to lose interest in the end game?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Match your buildings to province strength and also match the governor to provinces strength

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2023, 05:36:02 PM
^Yeah I began matching my buildings to my available natural resources [finally] in the last game. What difficulty are you playing on? Do you start to lose interest in the end game?

I've been on easy difficulty for my first two proper games. I did try an earlier game on normal but I wasn't skilled enough so I cut it short. The next one will be on normal difficulty and I'll be prepared for the rebels. I think I'll play it vanilla with no buffs. Standard treasury etc.

The end game -well there's always attempted world domination - which won't be easy. The game has a way of preventing steamrollering across the map with war exhaustion, nations allying against you and a good AI, so it'll be a challenge. I've found war exhaustion to be a good limiter is this case. With heavy war exhaustion your kingdom beings to slowly disintegrate. Uprisings, rebellions etc. You have to rest between major campaigns to allow your society to get back to normal. I've found it to be one of the more realistic games in this respect. In theory you could conquer the world but it may take generations.
Also, you could play around with spies and such and try to achieve other goals like destabilizing rivals.

Speaking of which, I found out there is a number on your King, which signifies his generation. You can find it on his portrait in the Kingdom screen (the one with the crown icon, bottom left).

I got one of my clerics up to the level of a Cardinal (no idea how) but I've not seen one of my Knights become Pope yet. I'd like to know how you achieved this!

Gusington

^Heh me too...no idea :)

I am tempted to try normal difficulty next campaign, maybe coupled with some additional starting cash?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd