SpellForce: Conquest of Eo

Started by Gusington, June 23, 2022, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Fantasy role-playing 4x with tactical combat and a massive campaign map set in the SpellForce universe, whose other games I have enjoyed muchly over the years.

Pre-alpha below but looks strikingly good. Fingers crossed for this one, no definite release day announced yet. Published by THQ Nordic.

Came outta nowhere for me!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Already wishlisted last week.

Not familiar with Spellforce world but the description and the magic words "turn based" make it a contender straight away.

Decent developers too.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Looks epic to me. Didn't know anything about it until an hour ago!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

RPS does a fairly in-depth preview. The attitude is to release when ready instead of on a schedule but they are targeting early 2023.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/spellforce-conquest-of-eo-is-a-strategy-rpg-with-4x-dna-and-do-or-die-action
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

jamus34

Never played the sequels but the original Spellforce was a solid game that cribbed from a lot of other games (Like HOMM) but managed to mix it into something that felt both unique and fresh.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

^Yes I felt the same about the games in the series I played. This new one looks to be switching gears quite a bit.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Looks good, missed this genre recently

devoncop

Necro'ing this thread as some gameplay and Dev Commentary/  in depth interview just posted by Rob from Explorminate and THIS looks great.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpynRGYKj1A

Gusington

Awesome will have to watch when I get to a pc, thanks!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

Yeah I watched that interview by Rob on Youtube and I was encouraged by what I heard. But The Spellforce games have always promised a lot and delivered less then expected. I'm hoping this new team will breath some life into a great turn based game using the Spellforce IP. I'm cautiously optimist that this will be a good title.

Gusington

I agree about the 'less than expected' but even that was pretty good in most SpellForce games.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Magical Times Ahead! SpellForce: Conquest of Eo Will Release on February 3rd, 2023

Vienna, Austria, January 23rd, 2023 - Are you ready to embark on a journey to become the most powerful mage of all time? SpellForce: Conquest of Eo, launching on PC on February 3rd, 2023, offers a deep 4X experience with an abundance of content and high replayability. With over 80 handcrafted battle maps across 15 unique environments, players can assemble their armies from a variety of over 100 units, including dwarven axe wielders, stone golems, orcish shamans, and majestic griffons. Perfect your armies by hiring one of more than 15 heroes and apprentices to lead them. Embark on a plentitude of adventures and master over 700 handwritten quests. As a master of magic, research over 100 different spells in your grimoire and use them strategically in tactical battles that demand consideration of flanking, range, visibility, high ground, and special battle enchantments. Explore the vast world of Eo, a magical realm full of treasures and resources, inhabited by various races such as men, elves, orcs, dwarves, goblins, and monsters. Are you ready to experience the ultimate adventure?

Price is £24.99 in UK
         $29.99 in US

In first week the game can be bought with a 20% discount which seems pretty reasonable pricing.

Too many interesting games coming out in quick succession !

Gusington

:Dreamer: That was much sooner than I expected.

Dwarven axe wielders!

'A plentitude of adventures'!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

That demo looks VERY intriguing!  So long as they give us enough character classes, and introduce enough complicated game play pieces that interact together, this could be a very sweet game. 

I like the notion of a 4x that plays a little bit more like an RPG at times.  Fantasy games seem particularly suited to that theme.  I'll be watching this one very carefully. 

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)