More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: mirth on June 18, 2015, 05:39:43 PM

Quote from: mirth on June 18, 2015, 06:09:58 PM

Maybe it's just the sleeping meds kicking in early, but I don't get either of these.  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

The first one is Chris Pratt and his flock of trained velociraptors. The second? Damifino...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

The top one is a goof on a scene from Jurassic World with Chris Pratt and some Raptors he is training.  The second is, oysters are not native, even remotely, to the Knoxville area.  All of the items in the pic are aids in intestinal distress.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Re: the second pic-
I was almost going to post that maybe it relates to what's for dinner down at the ranch on the day that the Bulls become Steers...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 20, 2015, 04:14:33 PM
Re: the second pic-
I was almost going to post that maybe it relates to what's for dinner down at the ranch on the day that the Bulls become Steers...

Yeah, they may still have fresh mountain oysters there.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

^  ROFL!  That dog's expression is great. 

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 20, 2015, 03:59:05 PM
The first one is Chris Pratt and his flock of trained velociraptors. The second? Damifino...
Quote from: MetalDog on June 20, 2015, 03:59:31 PM
The top one is a goof on a scene from Jurassic World with Chris Pratt and some Raptors he is training. 
Thank you gentlemen.  Not having seen Jurassic World, I was wholly unfamiliar with the reference. 

Quote from: MetalDog on June 20, 2015, 03:59:31 PMThe second is, oysters are not native, even remotely, to the Knoxville area.  All of the items in the pic are aids in intestinal distress.
Okay... 

It's just that I was well aware of both of these things already.  Is there some long-running gag regarding "Knoxville oysters" I'm unaware of that's a prerequisite to understanding the underlying humor here? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Just that "fresh oysters" that far inland probably aren't
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Barthheart

Steelgrave

Barthheart