Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Quote from: Tpek on July 02, 2016, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on July 02, 2016, 01:58:31 PM
Quote from: Tpek on July 02, 2016, 09:52:36 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on July 01, 2016, 07:00:37 PM
Meanwhile, in Florida......

What animal is that exactly?
Is it some sort of a Badger variant? (it's not a Wolverine)

If you have to ask, it's a cat, like the sign says. And it's free   ;D

What's so bad about Possums (or Possa or whatever)?

Possum pie is some good eats!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 02, 2016, 11:50:10 AM
Quote from: Freyland on July 02, 2016, 11:21:36 AMOpossum

That's only if he's an enemy; otherwise, he's just a possum  ;)

They're ALWAYS an enemy.

I mean... it's basically a massive rat.

I had one of those f***ers get up in my engine compartment and chew down the wires a couple winters ago.  Twice!  I knew the damn thing wouldn't stop.   After getting a trap, like the one in the pic, and baiting it with bread, I caught the evil bastard that same night.  And ended him.

Two in the head and you know they're dead. ™

besilarius

The ancient Greeks believed that the gods spoke through the clouds.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

panzerde

Quote from: Nefaro on July 03, 2016, 09:43:31 AM
They're ALWAYS an enemy.

Rats at least have some level of intelligence. Possums are just plain stupid. It's only the fact that they're just so damn tough to kill that's allowed the species to survive for hundreds of millions of years.

One night in our first house I kept hearing this banging on the wall separating the garage and the kitchen. Went out and found a possum had somehow climbed up on a bike that was hanging on hooks from the wall, and when he moved, the bike banged against the wall.  I knocked him down and tried to chase him off, but he ran under a car. Scooped him out with a shovel and tried to run him off, and the little bastard hissed at me.

Well, that was it. No lesser mammal gets to hiss at me. Particularly marsupials. I clobbered him six or seven times with the spade. Each smack punctuated by increasingly inventive profanity. Scooped the lifeless corpse up and tossed him down by the street where I figured I'd put him in the trash the next day.

Went out about an hour later to throw him in a can, and...no possum. No blood, no remains, nothing. He'd been faking. Seven smacks to the head from a spade, on concrete, couldn't penetrate his thick skull. That much bone there just can't be a lot of brain in there.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tpek

Quote from: panzerde on July 04, 2016, 11:56:48 AM
They're ALWAYS an enemy.

Rats at least have some level of intelligence. Possums are just plain stupid. It's only the fact that they're just so damn tough to kill that's allowed the species to survive for hundreds of millions of years.

One night in our first house I kept hearing this banging on the wall separating the garage and the kitchen. Went out and found a possum had somehow climbed up on a bike that was hanging on hooks from the wall, and when he moved, the bike banged against the wall.  I knocked him down and tried to chase him off, but he ran under a car. Scooped him out with a shovel and tried to run him off, and the little bastard hissed at me.

Well, that was it. No lesser mammal gets to hiss at me. Particularly marsupials. I clobbered him six or seven times with the spade. Each smack punctuated by increasingly inventive profanity. Scooped the lifeless corpse up and tossed him down by the street where I figured I'd put him in the trash the next day.

Went out about an hour later to throw him in a can, and...no possum. No blood, no remains, nothing. He'd been faking. Seven smacks to the head from a spade, on concrete, couldn't penetrate his thick skull. That much bone there just can't be a lot of brain in there.

Would you say he played Possum?  :2funny:

panzerde

Quote from: Tpek on July 04, 2016, 12:25:45 PM
Would you say he played Possum?  :2funny:

Well, yeah. That's exactly where that expression comes from.  :)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

They're ALWAYS an enemy.

The set up around my house allows for a myriad of visitors, nocturnal and otherwise.  I have a dog who hates opossums.  I used to let the dog roam the yard unleashed.  One night, he went shooting out the door and could be heard chomping on something.  I ran back into the house to get the flashlight and when I came out, the dog was shaking the opossum back and forth vigorously in his mouth.  I called the dog off and he dropped the marsupial.  It looked dead to me, so, I went back in the house, grabbed the keys to the shed, and grabbed a shovel to toss the dead body into the woods.  No such luck.  The little bastard had gotten up and scurried off in the two minutes it took for me to round everything up.  I vowed next time to be quicker.  And to use the blade of the shovel, not the flat, to kill the little f%^&*$!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bbmike

^ I'm starting to worry about that dude.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

this says pretty much everything you need to say about the US, both good and bad...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

You cannot argue with that!  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Can't be beat redneck logic.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on July 04, 2016, 01:04:16 PM
They're ALWAYS an enemy.

The set up around my house allows for a myriad of visitors, nocturnal and otherwise.  I have a dog who hates opossums.  I used to let the dog roam the yard unleashed.  One night, he went shooting out the door and could be heard chomping on something.  I ran back into the house to get the flashlight and when I came out, the dog was shaking the opossum back and forth vigorously in his mouth.  I called the dog off and he dropped the marsupial.  It looked dead to me, so, I went back in the house, grabbed the keys to the shed, and grabbed a shovel to toss the dead body into the woods.  No such luck.  The little bastard had gotten up and scurried off in the two minutes it took for me to round everything up.  I vowed next time to be quicker.  And to use the blade of the shovel, not the flat, to kill the little f%^&*$!

I used a .22 to the head. 

Took two shots to get the job done.   Their brains are the size of a pea. 

Didn't want to bring out a larger firearm.  Might scare the neighbors.  A .22's report doesn't carry much among suburban neighborhood, didn't even get heard within my own home.  Wouldn't be the case if I'd used something larger.

Definitely wasn't gonna let the big fat possum loose somewhere.  It would just plague someone else, if it didn't find it's way back.  Think it had started trying to make a nest on top of my fookeen engine, after chewing apart all my wiring.   :knuppel2: