Does Cyrano take bribes?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

...Field Marshall Carruthers Oct 1811 - Last Words.

....apart from 'Arghhhhhhh'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Cyrano

MERDE!

(Sorry, seemed to fit the moment.)

FYI, the management has asked me to keep sign-ups open over the weekend and I, of course, oblige.

So far I've got all eight participants down as having no "side" preference so will randomize commanders.

As to bribes, there is a rule within "Vol de L'Aigle" that allows each commander -- once per day -- to attempt to gain information by some means that fits the period.  The information may or may not be good.  There may be none at all.  But, while bribing me avails little, bribing a local toll official or mayor might...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on September 16, 2016, 09:21:03 AM
As to bribes, there is a rue within "Vol de L'Aigle" that allows each commander -- once per day -- to attempt to gain information by some means that fits the period.  The information may or may not be good.  There may be none at all.  But, while bribing me avails little, bribing a local toll official or mayor might...

Vance, warm up the Peasant Torturer. There's work to be done!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

LEGXXIIPRPF

Hi fellow wargamers and armchair generals,

my name is Steffen.

Doug/panzerde (Many Kudos & thanks!!!) informed me about your great plan to start a Kriegspiel depicting the JENA-AUERSTEDT operational setting.

if you still have a slot open please count me in.

Please excuse my English as only a german native speaker.

Blackhorse

Greetings.

I too am interested in joining. I have even been to the actual Battlefield (back in '92).

Blackhorse (aka Chris)

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

WooHoo! More lambs... err... Generals for the slaughter....  :D

Cyrano

Wonderful!

Welcome to you both.

I will add your names presently.

Oh, and Blackhorse, as my stories leading up to my own trip next year keep rolling out, I'd love to hear comments, suggestions, feedback, &c., particularly on the travel and "make sure to go here" side.

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Blackhorse

Here's a quick one for you. After departing Vierzehnheiligen, a small village complete with cannon-balls still stuck in buildings, we made our way to Hassenhausen, another small village also with cannonballs still embedded in walls. Upon arriving there, we noticed a substantial marker/monument. We pulled over onto he shoulder of the road, steps away from the western-most edge of the village. We then proceeded to walk the 100 or so meters to the south to the marker. We had taken probably no more that 10 or so steps, when my buddy says, "Hey what is this?" He then bent down and picked up a musketball...I kid you not (it was a freshly plowed field, mind you). It was a fantastic, and apparently not out of the ordinary find.

Quote from: Cyrano on September 16, 2016, 01:34:32 PM
Wonderful!

Welcome to you both.

I will add your names presently.

Oh, and Blackhorse, as my stories leading up to my own trip next year keep rolling out, I'd love to hear comments, suggestions, feedback, &c., particularly on the travel and "make sure to go here" side.

Jim