Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

they can ask but won't get them.  its to far forward and geopolitically unwise.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Uberhaus

Well, their neighbours in Kaliningrad have them.

Gusington

If Poland gets nukes (from the West) it will cause more problems than it will solve.  :buck2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

I guess brevity doesn't work for me and I need to continue with quantity. 
One of the reasons the Poles want nuclear deterrence is that they are greatly threatened by the threat of Russian WMDs on their doorstep.  Flight time for an Iskander to Warsaw is two minutes.  https://observer.com/2016/11/russian-missiles-new-target-all-of-europe/  Apparently, Berlin has an extra minute to duck-and-cover.

I agree that it would be a significant escalation for the Russians, and unlikely to occur; but the Russians deployed nuclear arms to Belorus last year and have had them in Kalinigrad since 2016 (I nearly typed 1916).  https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-moving-nuclear-capable-missiles-into-kaliningrad/

Anyone know what the state of the THAAD for Poland is?

GDS_Starfury

I just remember the issues with our nukes in Germany in the 80's.  I get that it's different countries and eras but I just don't see us basing nukes in Poland.  they're quite happy in England and Montana.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:24:01 PMI just remember the issues with our nukes in Germany in the 80's.  I get that it's different countries and eras but I just don't see us basing nukes in Poland.  they're quite happy in England Scotland and Montana.
FTFY
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

The Scots are already living nuclear weapons for FREEEEEDOMMMMM!  :cool:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Is Russia still re-writing their nuke use policy? How serious would they take the basing of new nukes in Poland? Would they strike first because they felt seriously threatened by the new Polish deployment?

With so many 'Jesus Christ Russia' moments over the last two years+ I just don't know what to expect.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JudgeDredd on Today at 02:48:46 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:24:01 PMI just remember the issues with our nukes in Germany in the 80's.  I get that it's different countries and eras but I just don't see us basing nukes in Poland.  they're quite happy in England Scotland and Montana.
FTFY

sub stuff is at Faslane but I thought we had some party poppers at Lakenheath as well.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on Today at 07:09:42 AMWith so many 'Jesus Christ Russia' moments over the last two years+ I just don't know what to expect.

{checking the horizon occasionally for Jesus Christ} {just in case!}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

I didn't think there were any airborne launch capable missiles anymore in the UK...but I may have been looking at the UK's nuclear capability rather than what's "based" in the UK.

However, in light of what you've said, I'll fix it a second time...
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Today at 07:16:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on Today at 02:48:46 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 10:24:01 PMI just remember the issues with our nukes in Germany in the 80's.  I get that it's different countries and eras but I just don't see us basing nukes in Poland.  they're quite happy in England Scotland the UK and Montana.
FTFY

sub stuff is at Faslane but I thought we had some party poppers at Lakenheath as well.

Your only way out of that is if you were only referring to Lakenheath stuff.

I'm just trying to make the point that the UK is a union of nations...a fact often "ignored" (for want of a better word) by my US cousins across the pond and, worse, clumped under the "England" banner.  :laugh:

No offence taken - just pointing it out. It's all :cool:
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury