Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on February 15, 2015, 01:26:45 PM
That's where I'm going wrong - the Chosokabe have loads of neighbours. I should be plottong my alliances further away. Thanks for the advice Nefaro! O0

:)

As with so many things, I eventually learned from repeated failures.  ;D

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Kushan on February 15, 2015, 12:24:59 PM
I "finished" my first game of Elite. In a text book example of why you shouldn't play and drink alcohol. Wasn't paying attention to my hyperspace jumps and ran myself into a dead end system with no fuel left to go back.

It's bloody stupid that this can happen.  You should be able to call for a refuelling ship to come out or something.

undercovergeek

you can - it costs a lot of money though

or i should say, you could, i dont know if its been removed

Kushan

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 15, 2015, 04:04:41 PM
Quote from: Kushan on February 15, 2015, 12:24:59 PM
I "finished" my first game of Elite. In a text book example of why you shouldn't play and drink alcohol. Wasn't paying attention to my hyperspace jumps and ran myself into a dead end system with no fuel left to go back.

It's bloody stupid that this can happen.  You should be able to call for a refuelling ship to come out or something.

Part of the fun of the game IMO. There might be, I'm still learning the game. I'm happy when I can leave frame shift drive close to my target and make a few hundred credits from trading.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

Quote from: Boggit on February 15, 2015, 03:40:17 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 15, 2015, 01:59:03 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM
If it's gonna be close, you should definitely fight the tactical battles, you will always be 'smarter' than the AI, so you can win a lot when the odds are against you.  O0

You're giving me a lot of credit if you think I am going to be smarter than any thing ;)  Even using '' to denote your sarcasm is too much :)
I almost always fight the tactical battles. The general lack of a retreat option after a couple of turns is something it could do with to rescue heroes caught in a tight spot, but it is a lot of fun.

@MD :) I love your reverse psychology. I'll bet you are a killer player in MP games! ;)

I've played one or two MP games.  You'll have to ask my opponents what to expect  O:-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Second loss in a row on Challenging.  This time, however, I played it through until the AI took me out.  I'm beginning to think that my win on Normal was more by luck than anything else.  But, I'll give it another whirl on Challenging and see what else I can discover.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I managed a win in DC Case Blue's 1Pz. Army Campaign, the first battle. It wasn't too hard but up next is the drive across the Kuban to Mozdok against 3 Soviet armies. And now they're pissed-off.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Finished a two hour CMBS mission in a week (on and off playing).  :idiot2:
AAR to be put up soon.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on February 15, 2015, 11:46:05 PM
AAR to be put up soon.
I'll look forward to that. :) I played a few hours on Red Thunder, and my blasted computer shut down and restarted just as I was about to win. Bloody Windows update! >:D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

Completed a military victory in Lords of the Black Sun...was fun while it lasted (and worth the 10$ I paid for)....now going to move on to something different.

BanzaiCat

Sheeeeeiiiiit. I have too many games I haven't even started, let alone finished.  :-\

jomni

Quote from: Boggit on February 15, 2015, 11:59:27 PM
AAR to be put up soon.
I'll look forward to that. :) I played a few hours on Red Thunder, and my blasted computer shut down and restarted just as I was about to win. Bloody Windows update! >:D

AAR is up.  Head over to my blog.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.sg/2015/02/combat-mission-black-sea-no-bridge-no.html

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on February 17, 2015, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: Boggit on February 15, 2015, 11:59:27 PM
AAR to be put up soon.

AAR is up.  Head over to my blog.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.sg/2015/02/combat-mission-black-sea-no-bridge-no.html
Nice AAR. O0 Sounds like you had the same problem as Jarhead with the ATGM's taking down APC's with passengers. Why did you not dismount earlier, or was time, and the map size really pressing?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

They are crossing or about to cross the river. Of course I can't dismount them or else they can't cross.

The APC losses near the end of the Battle were due to AT guns but the troops were dismounted and safe.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on February 17, 2015, 07:41:30 PM
They are crossing or about to cross the river. Of course I can't dismount them or else they can't cross.
Yes, I realise that, and appreciate there's not much you can do except drop smoke and cover with your tanks - as you did.

Quote from: jomni on February 17, 2015, 07:41:30 PM
The APC losses near the end of the Battle were due to AT guns but the troops were dismounted and safe.
Those were the losses I was thinking about. I hadn't realised they'd all dismounted - too much scan reading. ::) Great AAR tho' - I enjoyed it. O0