Agnadello (14 May 1509) Again

Started by MengJiao, June 05, 2021, 09:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Yes, its Venice against nearly the whole world.  The French crushed the Venetians so fast last time that I added a small Spanish contingent to the Venetian forces.  This would sort of motivate
the bad idea of fighting the French with the smaller half of your army -- ie if they had some fragile Spanish support.  Anyway, here's the starting situation:

ArizonaTank

Men of Iron and by extension Arquebus is one of my favorite Berg game systems. I and one of my regular Vassal opponents are about to start a playthrough of all the battles in the Arquebus box. So I am interested to see how this plays for you.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 07, 2021, 12:24:14 PM
Men of Iron and by extension Arquebus is one of my favorite Berg game systems. I and one of my regular Vassal opponents are about to start a playthrough of all the battles in the Arquebus box. So I am interested to see how this plays for you.

Adhering precisely to the seizure rules (rather than a simple chit-pull for solitaire purposes) led to some wild events.  The first barrage killed one Venetian commander and the first Venetian counter-attack almost destroyed the French.  Nothing quite that dramatic has happened (disruptions sort of slow things down a lot).  Maybe I'll try this with the Spanish on the French side and the Venetians being reinforced quickly.
  But for now, things still hang in the balance...the Venetians counter-attack again (this has not gone well so far):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 08, 2021, 01:13:21 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 07, 2021, 12:24:14 PM

Adhering precisely to the seizure rules (rather than a simple chit-pull for solitaire purposes) led to some wild events.  The first barrage killed one Venetian commander and the first Venetian counter-attack almost destroyed the French.  Nothing quite that dramatic has happened (disruptions sort of slow things down a lot).  Maybe I'll try this with the Spanish on the French side and the Venetians being reinforced quickly.
  But for now, things still hang in the balance...the Venetians counter-attack again (this has not gone well so far):

While the later part of the battle went more evenly, the French never really recovered from a very early string of lucky Venetian attacks and the French ran out of time and flight points at about the same time.