[ended, Barth won!]Civ 6 + all expansions PBEM game recruiting

Started by Yskonyn, October 25, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Ok! From this thread here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=23035.0 and some PM's I think we have enough interest to finally kick off a Civ 6 game!

Some rules before we start:
-You will and Civ 6 AND all its expansions to join. Sorry if you don't, but the game is much better this way. Wait for a sale on Steam if you want to join in next time as the game is on sale fairly frequently.

-You will have to use the 'Play Your Damn Turn' service. This makes life easy for everyone involved, but there are two things you should know:
1) PYDT requires you to download and install a small tool which will streamline the process and makes it pretty much run on autopilot; it will notify you of a new turn and then download and installs it automatically in your game folders.
2) The only way to login to PYDT is via your Steam API. I personally think this is safe, but if you don't then you cannot join.

-The game effectively uses Hotseat mode so one save file gets sent around to different players. We could do this manually, but I am really not up to the task to managing it to be honest! :) I'll gladly let PYDT do the chores here.

So, what do you need to get started apart from having the game installed?

Go to www.playyourdamnturn.com and setup your profile and download and install the tool.
Use the token string you see in your profile to activate and link the tool so it knows who you are.
Then go to this link: https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/game/feb39849-87fa-4235-a529-46252aa57b79
And sign up for the game.
Now you're set! Wait until we kick off.

Note that Nations are first come first serve, there are no duplicates allowed. I have called dibs on The Netherlands. :P

The Password is grogs4tw

See you there!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Thanks fer putting this together!  O0

I'll try to get setup ASAP, but I'm out of town Fri, Sat, Sun so it maybe Monday before I'm all setup.

I'd like England if possible.  :)

Are there going to be any rules?  ;)

How about any AI players? How big a map? What type of map?

Yskonyn

Small map, 6 players, continents. (but we can change this prior to starting if need be)

Any unfilled slot will be AI.

It'll make for a snappy game since this will be the try out.

Do you have any rules to propose?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Anguille

I'll take Scythia...i think i am ready.

Tuna

No go for me, not going to buy all the DLC, for a game that hasn't dragged me in like the other versions.. Though I will definitely give Rise and Fall if the right sale comes along. Good luck and have a fun game!

Yskonyn

Great Anguille! Please join the game on PYDT!

Too bad, Tuna. Perhaps you'll be able to join our next game!

Barthheart

OK, finally signed up, setup and joined the game!

Barthheart

Yskonyn

Nope! Twas just me.  :bd:

The game is live! First turn submitted. PYDT should take over and inform each player when its his turn.

Have fun guys! And if there are any issues please drop them here!

Millipede

Well raggleshmazzel~! I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I opened up the PYDT client, downloaded the file to the correct Civ6 folder, fired up Civ6, went to multiplayer/hotseat/loadgame and the game wasn't there. I renamed the save file (added the suffix ".Civ6Save") and when I fired up Civ6 again... bingo there it was. Just one problem... it's got me as Wilhelmina (sp?) and not Peter/Russia which is what I requested. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Yskonyn

Err.. well I played Wilhelmina's turn and the save should be after.
It being a hotseat game are you sure that Peter's turn will not be active upon load? Perhaps it loads Wilhelmina because thats the nation that went before you and you load up the gamestate after the orders have been given to the Dutch empire?
Can you check if you load the game you can give orders as the Dutch?
If you can the then I'll have to look into whats wrong...

Do you have the expansion and all nation pack DLC loaded?

Millipede

We're OK, I think. Sean Bean, doing the Wilhelmina/Dutch intro, yammers on while the game is loading but once it starts, it's Peter and the Russians. It still seems a little odd that I have to rename the save file in order for it to be recognized and I guess we'll see how that plays out when I save and upload this turn.

Yskonyn

Yeah the loading screen is probably always of the nation having made the save.
That renaming is weird though. Fingers crossed

Millipede

Quote from: Millipede on November 01, 2018, 12:00:46 PM
We're OK, I think. Sean Bean, doing the Wilhelmina/Dutch intro, yammers on while the game is loading but once it starts, it's Peter and the Russians. It still seems a little odd that I have to rename the save file in order for it to be recognized and I guess we'll see how that plays out when I save and upload this turn.

The default game save was for Teddy Roosevelt. As long as it works, I don't suppose it matters what the saves are named.