Pre-WW2 China Book Recommendation?

Started by airboy, March 06, 2020, 11:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I'm looking for an ebook on China History in the period immediately prior to WW2.  Say 1900 to 1936 or 1850 to 1930s.  I'm looking for a general history that is not super long. 

Specifically, I'm looking for a book on background history to run a Call of Cthulhu scenario.  I bought the Sasoon Files (Shanghai sourcebook) and while good, my background knowledge is inadequate.

Gusington

Try The Wars for Asia 1911-1949 by SCM Paine. Might be a little wider in scope than what you requested.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2020, 12:27:08 PM
Try The Wars for Asia 1911-1949 by SCM Paine. Might be a little wider in scope than what you requested.

Thanks - put that on my wishlist.

I ended up buying for $2.99 China 1921: The Travel Guide Kindle Edition which works better for the RPG game.  If I was wargaming, I would have gotten the other first.

Gusington

The one you got sounds more fitting for what you're doing, like you say. I got the book I posted for a pretty good discount for the Kindle version and plan on reading it while played Order of Battle - Morning Sun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd