PBEM it's destroying my soul and killing my life

Started by Keunert, September 27, 2012, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Our very own W8aminute and me played a complete Civ III Conquests game last year.  He and I were both dedicated to making sure turns were there, one a day, for several months.  I prefer the human interaction of MP online with VOIP or a face to face game though.

(I like to smack talk when I think I'm winning ;-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MengJiao

Quote from: Al on October 01, 2012, 03:13:29 PM
I had to give up playing PBEM - was taking up too much time and it was starting to become a chore instead of something I wanted to do.  Of course, maybe playing over 100 games PBEM over the years had something to do with it.

I've always limited my PBEM or online time.  Having a lot of games going on doesn't seem to add much to the fun level and I find it is best
to play with people who will let you out of a long, long downward losing spiral and move on to something else to beat you more quickly.

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on October 02, 2012, 09:46:32 PM
Our very own W8aminute and me played a complete Civ III Conquests game last year.  He and I were both dedicated to making sure turns were there, one a day, for several months.  I prefer the human interaction of MP online with VOIP or a face to face game though.

(I like to smack talk when I think I'm winning ;-)

That was a good time indeed.  I had a couple of Advanced Tactics 2 games going on as well, one of which had Keunert in it.  This year the only PBEM games I have going on are the two with Martok, Shelldrake, and OJSDAD in Armada 2526.  I so much want to play against other humans and I agree that they offer a much more fun challenge than the computer ai does.

My only problem right now it time.  Right now work and family take up a lot of my time.  That and my sudden insatiable and wanton appetite for console gaming that is totally destroying my soul and killing my life.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

JasonPratt

Quote from: W8taminute on October 03, 2012, 10:25:38 AMRight now work and family take up a lot of my time.  That and my sudden insatiable and wanton appetite for console gaming that is totally destroying my soul and killing my life.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!