The weekend is here - WHATCHA Playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, October 05, 2012, 05:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Is MechWarrior Online out?  I so wanna be good at that game but have a sneaking suspicion I will suck out loud :-(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

I pre-ordered it, Got the Legendary package. Now that the NDA has been lifted I can finally talk about it. They haven't announced an official release for the open beta as far as I know. Will take some screenshots and post them later this weekend. You can't be any worse then me. I suck in any sort of PvP environment. It's still a fun game to play. Would really like to get a Grogheads clan going if there is enough people who are interested,
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

^You are the MAN!

(Unless of course you're a woman.  In which case...how you doin? ;-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Holy crap, I just downloaded a Java based program that lets you easily create custom Arkham Horror stuff. I see myself spending way too much time playing with this and creating stupid, stupid things (Richard Simmons as an Ancient Evil One, perhaps?).

bob48

I have a buddy over today and we intend to play the 5 scenario linked Cobra campaign from WSR. I playtested this, and it is a really excellent set by ace scenario designer, Matt Lohse.

If we get through that and have time to spare, we'll most likely play a small CoH firefight.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on October 06, 2012, 05:52:39 AM
I have a buddy over today and we intend to play the 5 scenario linked Cobra campaign from WSR. I playtested this, and it is a really excellent set by ace scenario designer, Matt Lohse.

If we get through that and have time to spare, we'll most likely play a small CoH firefight.

Pictures!!! And an AAR!!!  ;)

bob48

I'll try mate, and I have the digicam ready, although my photography skills leave much to be desired.....

In fact, according to our photo album, most of my family seem to have trees or telegraph poles growing out of thier heads.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on October 06, 2012, 06:02:35 AM
I'll try mate, and I have the digicam ready, although my photography skills leave much to be desired.....

In fact, according to our photo album, most of my family seem to have trees or telegraph poles growing out of thier heads.

LOL! At least yours have heads....  :P

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Barthheart on October 06, 2012, 05:59:32 AM
Quote from: bob48 on October 06, 2012, 05:52:39 AM

Pictures!!! And an AAR!!!  ;)

+1
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Ubercat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 06, 2012, 12:15:33 AM
Holy crap, I just downloaded a Java based program that lets you easily create custom Arkham Horror stuff. I see myself spending way too much time playing with this and creating stupid, stupid things (Richard Simmons as an Ancient Evil One, perhaps?).

When you post things that others will probably be interested in, it's customary to provide a link.

;) Just sayin'.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

JasonPratt

Quote from: W8taminute on October 05, 2012, 07:22:55 PMYou mention Kessen, another game that was awesome.  My favorite definitely is Kessen III: Nobunaga's something or other.

Which so far as I know was a remake of Kessen 1 (which I never played. Because by the time I discovered the Kessen series, Kessen 3 had been released.)

I started with Kessen 2 (not nearly as advanced as the sequels of course, but the only Three Kingdoms entry so far). Which I first played at about the same time as Dynasty Tactics 2.

Well, I haven't gotten back to R.U.S.E. or Bladestorm yet, as I decided to catch up on my older PS3 games, specifically "Heavenly Sword", the God-of-War-esque fantasy action combat game by Ninja Theory, the guys most (in)famous for the "Dead or Alive" fighting game series. And yes, it has at least two attractive girls in it. But no, they're realistically proportioned, more or less. But yes, they traipse around in various stages of undress. Which the game itself lampshades on occasion.

Despite how exploitative it may look at first glance (although the art is good across the board), and the rather generic plot so far, the characterizations and acting are amazingly good, and for an early PS3 game facial expressions and textures have rarely looked better. (The villains, most of whom are played by Andy Serkis who also directed the motion-capture acting generally, are routinely a hoot.) The fighting-game combos and tactical choices moment-to-moment are significantly deeper than usual for a GoWish beat-em-up, too, as might be expected.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Ubercat on October 06, 2012, 08:06:43 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 06, 2012, 12:15:33 AM

When you post things that others will probably be interested in, it's customary to provide a link.

;) Just sayin'.

Heh, sorry about that. You can download it here : http://cgjennings.ca/eons/

I installed with every plugin (though it seems some of those have died and gone away. You'll get a couple of 404 - not found messages, but you can just move in and it installs everything else) and it came in around 54MB or so. Run the .jar file to start it up (obviously, you need Java installed).

I've just played around with it a bit, but I'm actually really impressed. Dirt simple to use. All of the templates for everything (Investigators, Ancient Ones, Monsters, Items, Spells, Allies, Skills, Mythos Cards, Encounter Cards, Heralds, Guardians, Board Locations, Gate Tokens, Tracks, Investigator Stories, Injury/Madness Cards, etc., etc.) are in there. So you just add your stats and text and pictures and it puts them on to the template for whatever you're making.

Printing is a complete disaster, at least for me, but you can export the files as an image and set your quality however you want and print them from a picture viewing program.

I'm considering doing up Investigator cards for a few friends and I so that we can play as stylized versions of ourselves the next time, perhaps with a few custom items as well.  ;D

MarkShot

I hope to continue my war patrol in U-72 Sunday afternoon. Someone has to keep DOS gaming alive. One day, in another 30 years, I expect to be interviewed by the Smithsonian.

Bison

Played a few games of Confict of Heroes tonight.  This is the first real wargame I've played in a good month or so.  Honestly I'd forgotten just how fun the game is to play.  It's got the right amount of units and depth to play several scenarios in an evening and not be bogged down clicking and moving units causing my brain to hemorrhage.

Toonces

I've actually been thinking of picking that up for just that reason (CoH).

I've also been thinking of picking up Field of Glory.  I have a hankering for something turn based, and not too complex and with a reasonable unit density.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs