Drinking and Driving...it never turns out well....

Started by Smuckatelli, March 20, 2012, 10:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smuckatelli

Deputies were dispatched to the town of Sherman in upstate New York on Sunday night responding to complaints about the youths drinking and drag racing their horse and carriages on the road, said Chautauqua County Sheriff Joseph Gerace.

When police arrived, the kids had two buggies staged on the road ready to drag race, and each was taking up a lane of traffic. "One of the buggies tried to shift out of the way when a patrol car came and ended up crashing into it," Gerace said. "These Amish kids were racing their buggies up and down the street,"

Continue reading on Examiner.com Four Amish youth arrested for drinking and drag racing buggies - Denver Strange News | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/strange-news-in-denver/four-amish-youth-arrested-for-drinking-and-drag-racing-buggies#ixzz1pikDWcLw

son_of_montfort

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Smuckatelli

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 20, 2012, 10:07:11 PM
How exactly do you drag race a buggy?

Easy, you need to wear beer goggles...everything is possible and make sense when you have them on.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Great story. In 60 years it will be the stuff of legend for them.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MikeGER

....that 1925 Ben Hur movie really adulterate the youth, we should have never allowed that it was shown in Stoltzfus'es barn last Easter ;)

and...

"The Faithful and the Furious"  comes to mind ... RFOL
would like to see Ghostriders photoshop-art about that 'movie'  8)

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Everyone knows you never drink and drive.  You might hit a bump and spill your drink...especially in a buggy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

Its OK if you have a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale, not much sloshes out when you go round corners, and when empty, its a nice projectile that can be thrown with quite a bit of accuracy.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!