MAJOR NIDAL HASAN vs SSG ROBERT BALES

Started by Jarhead0331, March 26, 2012, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Hard to believe their is irony in a story about a US soldier who shoots and kills Afghani civilians.

The Secretary of Defense wants to try SSG Bales quickly and maybe even execute him, notwithstanding the fact that he suffers from a traumatic brain injury.

But what about MAJ Hasan?  You remember the Islamic officer who on November 7, 2009 shot and killed his fellow soldiers at Fort Hood while screaming Allahu Akbar.  This murderer STILL has not stood trial and the military is STILL paying his salary and all medical expenses!  The government is still debating whether he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive: slay as many infidels as possible.

So we have a non-commissioned officer in a war zone with a documented traumatic brain injury who apparently snaps, and he must be tried and potentially executed immediately, on the one hand.  Meanwhile, on the other, you have a Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a safe office all day who murders 13, and wounds 29 of his fellow soldiers, and the government wants to explore whether he suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience and emotional scars.

Two and a half years later, they still haven't tried the murderous bastard.

I wonder where SSG Bales will be in two and a half years.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Some day it will be said of our age that common sense was an uncommon virtue.

We are surrounded by idiots, and they are us.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Crap, there goes my avatar.

Hasan should have decomposed long ago.

Bales got screwed by being thrown into a 4th tour after injury. I had a look at an interview of him in Iraq. He was all about making a new life for the people there. It may have been a PR thing I dont know. There is apparently an old woman he screwed over financially in Washington. The court ruled he owed her a fortune in some property deal. Apparently the only thing keeping the Bales from bankruptcy is he doesnt have to pay while serving on the front.

I think both cases reflect badly on the service. Hasan far more so.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

Bales did ask for help for his PTSD and was refused. He is a scapegoat and a victim just as much as the people he killed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Smuckatelli

If they find out that SSG Bales was on mefloquine.....things aren't going to be so cut & dry.

Gusington

If Bales was on that mefloquine, combined with PTSD, and asked for help...that's even worse. His life is over due to things out of his control.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

Is that a perscibed drug? Wouldn't his marine doctor have to give it to him? Surely people don't go into a combat theatre on drugs the service doesn't know about. Either way he was not fit for service.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

Bales is in the Army.

Here's a link on mefloquine, given to fight malaria: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mefloquine

And what you post above is my sentiment...he was not fit for duty and his superiors should have removed him as soon as he asked for help. They didn't and then he lost his mind, literally.

If that is indeed what happened then it does reflect poorly on the military.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

OMG, it can cross the blood brain barrier and in the brain it has anti-viral properties while there. This speaks to neural interactions both subtle and obvious .... halleucinations should have been the first clue.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Bison

Quote from: Smuckatelli on March 27, 2012, 12:00:02 PM
If they find out that SSG Bales was on mefloquine.....things aren't going to be so cut & dry.

Where was this reported?

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Bison on March 27, 2012, 05:35:09 PM
Quote from: Smuckatelli on March 27, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

Where was this reported?

This is speculation so far, no confirmation from the Army. A few days after the incident one of the headshed Army doctors sent out a message about being careful when giving it out to TBI people. This is where the speculation comes from.

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on March 27, 2012, 12:32:26 PM
Is that a perscibed drug? Wouldn't his marine doctor have to give it to him? Surely people don't go into a combat theatre on drugs the service doesn't know about. Either way he was not fit for service.

A Nigerian Peace Corps Doctor gave it to us in Bangui.

Bison

Honestly I'd be very surprised if that turned out to be true.  Doxycycline is the standard issue for malaria.

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Bison on March 27, 2012, 05:52:39 PM
Honestly I'd be very surprised if that turned out to be true.  Doxycycline is the standard issue for malaria.

I've taken probably thousands pills of doxycycline. There was one year that I was taking mefloquine only for most of my time in Bangui. There is a lot of movement below the waves on this subject.

Here's an article, like I said, it is speculation until the Army gives S/A:

A senior Pentagon official ordered an emergency review of the military's use of an anti-malaria drug known to have severe psychiatric side effects - nine days after the Afghan massacre in which a U.S. solider allegedly shot dead 17 civilians including nine children, it has been alleged.

The notorious drug Mefloquine, also known as Lariam, has been implicated in a number of suicides and homicides in the military spanning back more than ten years, with side effects including paranoia,

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120577/Was-Staff-Sgt-Robert-Bales-given-anti-malaria-drug-known-cause-psychotic-episodes-Afghan-massacre-Pentagon-ordered-emergency-review-drug-days-shooting.html#ixzz1qMjjx3fH